Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Insurance #$&*%#@ ****UPDATE at bottom***** (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52160)

rowynne 10-16-2006 11:22 AM

Insurance #$&*%#@ ****UPDATE at bottom*****

My middle daughter has ADHD/ODD. SHe is on several medications which are working great for her. She also receives some behavioral therapy & outpatient psych services as well. Everything has been fine & dandy until we moved. Because my daughter is considered disabled, she is entitled to Medical Assitance no matter what our income is. Previously, our income was low enough that we automatically qualified. BUT we moved to a new county & dh is teaching full time here with a salary & benefits. His medical benefits are great ($10 copay no deductibles), but the RX plan SUCKS royally!!! I medication for dd is about $250/mo (she has 2 others for another $150 & dh is diabetic & his will be about the same amt.)

Now, when we moved here, I called the caseworker & she said they would just transfer her benefits to this county, then we have to refile at the end of the month because its that time of the year anyway. No biggie. I go to fill my dds RX last week ($105) and they say it says she isnt covered! SO I start calling people. Old caseworker says that she got an email from some guy asking her to close it. I never asked for it to be closed! They tell me last tues that they will have a supervisor call me back that day or the next....no one ever calls me. So I just called now. He asks what our income is & I tell him & then explain that it doesnt matter because dd is disabled. He asks if she gets SSI. No...I've never filed to get it (although I am in the process of doing it now...I had started previously & got overwhelmed). I am going to be royally pissed off if I have to wait until the end of the month to get dds insurance back. Her meds are controlled substances so I cant even get samples from her Dr to tide us over. They all act like everyone out there is trying to screw the system & get something for nothing. All I want is to make sure my DD gets the medications & services she needs!!!

Kimmomy2dom 10-16-2006 11:29 AM

Re: Insurance #$&*%#@

:hugs: mama!

tillers72 10-16-2006 11:38 AM

:hugs: Oh mama I'm so sorry to hear that. Sometimes you just have to keep on the people and keep climbing the ladder to the top!

urchin_grey 10-16-2006 12:03 PM

:hugs: mama. Those caseworkers always want to give you the run-around until they want to help you. It sucks. We even had our caseworker tell us that DS wouldn't be qualified anymore unless I left my partner off of the BC and filed an unknown father claim. WHAT??? I told her that I knew that was BS and that I know plenty of children with Medicaid that have BOTH parents in the picture. I wonder if those caseworkers are TRAINED to discourage people or something??? But I'm in the same boat as you... DS has a physical and neurological disability. We couldn't possibly manage without it. :banghead:

rowynne 10-16-2006 12:07 PM

Carly- I kwym! Here we are trying to do everything we can for our children to make sure they are cared for & get the best & we're treated like crap! It makes no sense! Seriously, this is the #1 reason I REFUSE to be a caseworker, EVER!!!! (I have a social work degree which does help because I know half the stuff they tell me is BS).

urchin_grey 10-16-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowynne (Post 372064)
Carly- I kwym! Here we are trying to do everything we can for our children to make sure they are cared for & get the best & we're treated like crap! It makes no sense! Seriously, this is the #1 reason I REFUSE to be a caseworker, EVER!!!! (I have a social work degree which does help because I know half the stuff they tell me is BS).

Seriously. IDK though, maybe you *should* be a caseworker so that they're will be at least one decent one out there. :hehe2:

Oh, yeah, and I forgot... in addition to all the BS mine fed me, she also is NEVER in the office when I call and NEVER *returns* my calls and then she gets mad at me for not calling and treats me like I'm not "taking care of things". :doh:

rowynne 10-16-2006 01:59 PM

OOHHHH, I sooooo KWYM about ALL that!!!

Yeah, its MY friggin fault someone closed her benefits when I asked that they be transferred!

Well, the guy did call back & said that he had my application???? and wanted to know what dhs salary was. I just filled out the paperwork for SSI for my dd so if she gets denied for medical assistance I can tell them that & they have to keep her benefits going until she gets a decision from SSI (at least thats what they had to do for my mom). Hopefully I'll get a letter from them soon saying they reinstated benefits & I BETTER not have to go at the end of the month to get it all over again.

singlemomto3 10-16-2006 02:17 PM

GO higher up the ladder to the top boss. THey should be able to reinstate it today. They closes it with out any authorization. Good luck, be persisitant.

janendragon 10-16-2006 07:22 PM

if you cant get anything is there a catholic church or salvation army around that you could contact about needing money for meds?

rowynne 10-18-2006 04:00 PM

Good news!! They reinstated her insurance & I got an application in the mail that was a health insurance that covers RXs for all of us as well as any medical our insurance doesnt cover!!! YAY!!! I called the pharmacy so they could check the computer to see if she really did have coverage again & they said yes!!