Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Am I the only one that is fed up w/ newbie sellers posting in FSOT asap? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521613)

Smidgerooski 08-17-2008 10:37 PM

Am I the only one that is fed up w/ newbie sellers posting in FSOT asap?

This can be deleted now Andrea =)

sbbeana 08-17-2008 10:45 PM

Re: Am I the only one that is fed up w/ newbies posting in FSOT asap?

What exactly is making you flaming mad? And to be honest, do many people even read the intros? I would think people are too busy trying to get good deals on diapers than reading the same intro over and over again :headscratch:

Smidgerooski 08-17-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbbeana (Post 4512893)
What exactly is making you flaming mad? And to be honest, do many people even read the intros? I would think people are too busy trying to get good deals on diapers than reading the same intro over and over again :headscratch:

Why is it so hard to post an intro? To say, "Hi, I'm blah ba de blah, from blah ba de blah"

Last time I checked we're not ebay...we're a community.

I check the intros almost everyday and so do many other mamas + we post a friendly hello to welcome a newbie. I'm not here to solely get a good deal. I've met many mamas on here that are my friends IRL.

feliciamckee 08-17-2008 10:58 PM

Doesn't bother me in the least. I am not worried about intros either. I never posted one myself. Didn't realize it was even a big deal anyway. I don't have to buy from someone if I don't want to and I didn't come here to make friends, though now that I'm more familiar with DS, I've come to realize it can be a cool place. And, I would love to make friends with anybody, but it's not a prerequisite to me that they have to post an intro first.

Harmony96 08-17-2008 11:34 PM

You have to remember, too, that a bunch of the newbies are coming here via a real-life friend who turned them on to cloth diapers and said that this is a great place to buy and sell them. Those newbies are probably too excited to buy/sell to think about posting an intro.

While we are a community overall, some people like the chatter areas more and some people couldn't care less about the chatter areas and hang out in the FSOT all day (you can see my post count/feedback ratio and guess which category I fit into, lol). And that's totally fine. We don't want to pressure anyone into "oh wait you have to post an intro, it's the LAW." lol. Newbies should feel welcome to post wherever they want, whether it's in the FSOT or the chatter areas or an intro. :)

RebekahG77 08-17-2008 11:40 PM

When I was a newbie, I didn't even see the intro forum. :blush: Now I've been here for several months, and I think it's a bit late for an intro :giggle2:

ETA: I love to chat it up, AND I love to FSOT!

bellarose4 08-18-2008 02:21 AM

I have never posted an intro..and I love to hang out in FSOT.

joanna19 08-18-2008 02:38 AM

Not a big deal to me...I read intros from time to time, but I think many people don't know about it. I don't even know if I did one come to think of it.

angeldelight 08-18-2008 03:33 AM

Ive never posted an intro either

nrsenadenos 08-18-2008 04:11 AM

When I first started I think I plain just started shopping, LOL. It was several months before I ventured into the discussion forums, and I still feel out of place there.