Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I know i am totally INSANE>.. twins?? US pic (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52184)

nothing_butt_cloth 10-16-2006 12:21 PM

I know i am totally INSANE>.. twins?? US pic

But anyon every have a last first trimester US that only showed one baby and then had twins??

I had an us at 9 weeks, and one at 13. The US at 13 weeks was about 2 seconds long, just long enough to look for a hearbeat.

Well, i am huge, still am sick at times, at 17 weeks. and this morning when i was playng iwth my doppler. Up high and to the left I got 160+ BPM, and low near my Pelvic bone i got a faint 140 bpm...

Then Rachele came over, and i decided to try to hear it agan, and i found a 167 BPM hb that was pretty loud.
My baby has ALWAYS been in the low 140s and faint, and now all of a sudden, it is loud and super fast...

So now i now for sure i am :lostit: . I know the chances of twins is SLIM since ih ave had an US. but my history shows i have high chances. I got pregnant with triplets while on the pill, and my last babies were twins as well. One died at 8weeks orso, and the other died at 17.
I have an US next week. and i am super nervous now... I wouldn tmind having twins. in fact. i think i still grieve the loss of twins, and all that comeswith having twins.
I also havebeen known to ovulate while pregnant. My doc actaully picked itup oncewhen i was pg with dd2, adn they were doing an intense USon my ovary. He told me to be careful, sincethere is a small chance to get pregnant while you are already pregnant. Though it is slim, it can happen. But i really want a homebirth, and i know it isillegal in thisstate for a MW to attend a HB with twins, unless the twinsa re unknown. and i also fear, it would betheend of my homebirth dreams in the future, since there is an increased risk of c section. and also high chance of premature babies, and since i have PTL with every singleton, i know with twins i would deliver early for sure...

So sorry for the book. but is it possible that even at 13 weeks. they missed a second baby??

here is my 13 week US... is there room for error

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../us9-20-06.jpg

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 10-16-2006 12:37 PM

Re: I know i am totally INSANE>.. twins?? US pic

wow, that would be really nice!
i think from what i've seen on even a baby story show, they have missed a twin, when they do u/s, the second is hidden really well behind the first, so girl , you may just have 2 babies in there! **Dances** :)

Blackbirdlane 10-16-2006 12:43 PM

I don't know but I was doing some reading on twins and one or two mamas said they had early ultrasounds that said there was only one baby and when they went back later on there were 2. Maybe one was hiding? how in depth did they go with the u/s?

Blackbirdlane 10-16-2006 12:44 PM

and could their be two in the one sac?

Severine 10-16-2006 12:45 PM

I wish I could see the picture!

Ditto to what was said above, though! It is common to hear the h/b in 2 different places, but it should be the same # of beats.... what you're finding is a lot different. Hmmmm....

Kimmomy2dom 10-16-2006 12:46 PM

I don't see anything, but if I guess you'll find out soon. Is it a more in-depth u/s?

Blackbirdlane 10-16-2006 12:53 PM

yeah, I am really bad at reading u/s pics :giggle:

nothing_butt_cloth 10-16-2006 01:02 PM

I know it is possible to have 2 babies in one sac. And i am afraid of that. My firs set of twins weremonoamniotic and monochoricon, which means they shared a sac and a placenta. and they were sick. They had severe TTTS, ( twin to twin tranfusion syndrome) and you nly have a 10% chance of coming out of htat with 2 healthy babies.

The fist US i had i wsa like 8 weeks and 4 days and it was pretty indepth. took measuremnts and all. The 13 week was just a HB check, to make sure itwas beating.they didnt even measurethe HB though... just looked saw it wasbeating and i leftthe room.
On tuesday they are doing a level 2, since i am 18 weeks,and iwth my history of losses, it will bevery in depth. When i had my first set oftwins. i had an US at 5 weeks that showed 1 baby, and at 16-18 weeks( not sure of hte dates because of theTTTS) that showed identical twins that were sick...

I am sure it is one baby, but all this weird stuff is happening, and i keep thinking is COULD be 2....
HUbby is not goign with my to the US and if it is twins, he wills soooo not belive me LOL

Also, i look at thepic,and dont see how one coud be hiding. the sac is a funny shape tomethough, so maybe... It isfun trying ot guess LOL

nothing_butt_cloth 10-16-2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbirdlane (Post 372187)
and could their be two in the one sac?

definately !!!

Ontariomama 10-16-2006 02:00 PM

I could be just as excited as you, but to ME, that looks like a view of two adjoining sacs (with the membrane down the middle) from the head down -- like the top of two heads???? It doesn't look like a head/back/bum/legs to me :headscratch:

Let us know ASAP when you find out - that would be really cool!