Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   BTDT mom's: How much weight gain in 3rd tri? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52223)

L J 10-16-2006 01:54 PM

BTDT mom's: How much weight gain in 3rd tri?

I am 27 weeks pregnant, and I have only gained around 10 pounds. I was 130 to start with, and I'm short, about 5'1", so I was chubby to begin with, but not exactly "fat". Size 6.

I have been eating CONSTANTLY since my appetitie suddenly doubled in the past month, but still no significant weight gain. I eat well, lots of whole foods, lots of protein, very few simple carbs, and lots and lots of water. So, I know I am getting proper nutrition.

I just can't figure out why I haven't gained more weight than I have.

Does, in y'all's experience, weight gain dramatically increase in the 3rd trimester?

I haven't gained anywhere but my belly, and I'm really happy about that, but I guess I am kind of worried that I will gain so much so fast in this last trimester that it will wind up settling everywhere besides my belly. I am NOT limiting my food intake- please know that- my child's health is my number one priority, but it doesn't stop me from worrying that I will never look good in a pair of jeans or a tank top again... :)

nothing_butt_cloth 10-16-2006 01:57 PM

Re: BTDT mom's: How much weight gain in 3rd tri?

I dont know.
I gained only 12 lbs with my first, 7 with my second and 4 with my third. all went to 40 weeks or later...

I do have a friend who is like 34 weeks now, and she is gaining about 1-2 lbs a week since about 28 weeks. The baby really doesnt start putting on weight until 30+ weeks
I wouldnt worry. If your doc hasnt said anything. Youa re eating right, like you said, so your baby is getting what it needs...

OneFabMama 10-16-2006 01:57 PM

My weight gain was pretty non existant in the 3rd tri. I think I lost weight right before I had DD - like 2 lbs or something.
I gained 34lbs all in all
But I heard its pretty common to lose or not gain in the 3rd tri? But I dunno how true that is since that is when the baby packs on the weight, really.

Tootsiemomma 10-16-2006 02:04 PM

I gained 30 lbs alone in my last two months, for a grand total of 61 lbs. and I didn't even start gaining until the 4th month. I was about 160 before getting pregnant (I'm 5'10) and was a size 7-9. Now I'm back into my 9-11's and have lost every bit of it plus some. I know some women don't gain any the last few months except for what the baby is gaining...everyone is different

MyKylie 10-16-2006 03:12 PM

I believe I read this somewhere, but don't quote me, that weight gain is typically gained like this:
1st tri: 25%
2nd tri: 50%
3rd tri: 25%

I gained 21lbs total with DD. I did not start gaining at all til around 20 weeks, then gained about 1 lb a week.

Right now I am pretty much looking like I'm doing the same thing. I am 27 weeks and up about 7lbs. I am expecting to put on another 13-15lbs this trimester.

MyKylie 10-16-2006 03:14 PM

When in Jan are you due? We have to have pretty close due dates if we are both 27 weeks :)

Blackbirdlane 10-16-2006 03:22 PM

I am short too 5'0 and I usually gain the most in the latter half of my second trimester and my third trimester. I usually don't gain anything at all in the first trimester.

I am also a size 4/6.

BunnyMcFluff 10-16-2006 03:45 PM

This is my third, and I've never gained much in my third tri. *Maybe* 8-10 lbs, but never more. My total weight gain the first two times were 19 and 26 lbs.

I'm up 18 lbs and at 30 weeks, my appetite and weight gain have slowed WAY down. I'd be really, really surprised if I gain more than 6-8 lbs from this point on.

cblurose 10-16-2006 04:04 PM

no idea since my midwife doesn't make me weigh myself! :mrgreen:

yellowcampcat 10-16-2006 04:11 PM

I'm 5'2" 112 non preg. With my first I gained a total of 25 lbs, all but 2 lbs. of it in the second and third trimesters. With my second, I gained 37.5 lbs, all but about 4 lbs. in the 2nd and 3rd. You may have a lot of gaining left, or maybe not. I have a friend who only gained 12lbs. total with one of hers. If it's any consolation, I was back to almost normal weight by my six week checkup with my first and by six months I was below my prepreg weight and had to buy smaller jeans. I just got back from my six week checkup with #2, and I am at 114.5 lbs. :) I still have jelly belly, but the weight has really fallen off! I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. :goodvibes: