Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   hello with a question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52420)

RicaSueW 10-16-2006 09:09 PM

hello with a question

hello everyone... first time poster... we are ttc, ds is 10months old and still bf'ing... i have had two periods... the last of which was very unwelcome:blush: anyway, i was wondering what everyone knows about cervical position related to fertility... my cervix gets VERY low with my periods... (i am sometimes uncomfortable with my diva cup) is there any info about this out there??? thanks so much!!! i look forward to getting to know you all...

MyGlorylife 10-16-2006 09:26 PM

Re: hello with a question

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicaSueW (Post 373768)
hello everyone... first time poster... we are ttc, ds is 10months old and still bf'ing... i have had two periods... the last of which was very unwelcome:blush: anyway, i was wondering what everyone knows about cervical position related to fertility... my cervix gets VERY low with my periods... (i am sometimes uncomfortable with my diva cup) is there any info about this out there??? thanks so much!!! i look forward to getting to know you all...

Alright...
most women ovulate around the 15th day past the first day of their last period- this is a general rule but many women myself included are different and O either earlier or later.

When you are not ovulated your cervix is high and the opening is closed but the cervix in general is firm but not shut up like fort knox.

As you enter into the few days before you ovulate your cervix will come down-lower- and will be mushy and very flexable. The opening will indeed open up and be very flimsy.

That process usually takes around three days or so with the cervix getting musher and musher leading up to Ovulating

After you Ovulate your egg lives for about 6-24 hours although the most common average is 8-14 give or take.

After your egg dies your cervix begins to draw itself back together- this usually happens within 24 hours of ovulating and it is back in nonovulating form.

If you get pregnanant your cervix draws up higher and because very hard and tight with little give in the indent of the opening.

When you go on your period it will lower and open although it will not be as mushy as when you ovulate.

Now here is a fun tidbit!...If you want to conceive a girl have sex 3 days before you Ovulate and then do not have sex/let your mom spill forth inside of you until after you are done ovulating. Girl sperm are slower than boy so you need to give time for the boys to die off and the girls to catch up so that when you Ovulate the girls are there and waiting. If you do not get pg 3 days out the next month go 2 days and so on and so forth.

If you would like to try for a boy- DO NOT let your man spill forth prior to ovulating- for us we stay on the safe side at 5 days prior. Then the day you ovulate- LET"M LOOSE!! Boys are fater but weaker so you want the boys up there right when the egg comes out so that the girl sperm are still far behind!

I know when I ovulate and thus the only thing we do for natural family planning is I check it- get my rythem down and if we do not want to get pg then hubby holds his soldiers back during the 4 days before O and about 2-3 days after.

And on the girl boy thing- well we make babies really easily and so after three girls we got the low down on sperm physics! After three girls we got the facts and now we have a boy and we believe another one on the way!
There are those that God calls to go by blind faith and those that he says "don't be stupid-read up!" we are the read-up ones!hehe

I hope that helps! If you have any ??? just ask- ...Minda

RicaSueW 10-17-2006 07:00 AM

:hugs: totally helps... wow you are a wealth of knowledge!!! i am going to keep this post for reference... great to know... so basically what i am hearing you say is be observant and learn about my body... the waiting is so hard... i used to be so happy to have such a long irregular cycle... not any more:banghead: thanks so much!!!

MyGlorylife 10-17-2006 07:45 AM

Glad to be of help! It is one of my fav subjects!...Minda

RicaSueW 10-17-2006 10:29 AM

one more question, well for now anyway,:blush: how do you determine the length of you luteal phase??? this is the time from ovulation to menstration right??? thanks
:hugs:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 10-17-2006 11:26 AM

great info:thumbsup:

MyGlorylife 10-18-2006 10:03 AM

Re: hello with a question- TTC- Cervix

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicaSueW (Post 374998)
one more question, well for now anyway,:blush: how do you determine the length of you luteal phase??? this is the time from ovulation to menstration right??? thanks
:hugs:

I posted a huge thing on it yesterday and then my post didn;t go through- urgh I was so frustrated I just walked away! lol

so here is the short of it all

Lut P is the time from the day you O to the day before your Period.
Without a blood test you can not now these dated for sure but by checking your cervix and knowing your body you can get a pretty accurate guess!

You have to have 10 days of Lut P in order to have a viable pg.

Most resources say that your Lut P never changes so if you O and then go 20 days between your Lut P and then the next month O and go 15 that your hormones are off balance and that possible you are not actually releasing eggs.

Other studies sya that each women is different and as long as you have atleast 10 days you are fine.

If you have less then 10 is could be why you are not getting/retaining pg's

It all vari's though and that is why it is good to know about your cervix and when you O.

I normally have a 28 day cycle. I O on the 17th day- that is exactly 10 days of Lut P. However when I became pg with this current baby I was still comming off breastfeeding hormones and my periods fluxed between 34 and 42 day cycles. I still O'd on the 17-18th day and I still became pg even though there were fluxing Lut P days.

Therefor I tend to believe the studies more that say that type of flux is not to be to concerned over but less then 10 is.

I hope that helps- If I didn't answer the ??? you wanted let me know...Minda