Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nutritional value of paper? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5255)

jls~Kain~Drake 05-11-2006 03:21 PM

Nutritional value of paper?

Ok...ds (27 mo) has recently developed an obsession with eating paper...

Every time we get a drink when we're out..and have a straw with paper on it...he screams and cries for the paper! Today he fussed because we took his napkin away from him....cuz he wanted to eat it.

What's with this? Is this normal 2yo behavior or is he lacking some kind of vitamin which is making him crave paper? Or..is he just :lostit: ?

LOL...this kid baffles me :headscratch:

OnlyaMommy 05-11-2006 03:31 PM

Re: Nutritional value of paper?

lol, I dont think he is whacko so to speak. Mabye he just like sthe texture or the sound it makes. My middle child will not put any thing in his mouth that moves (Jello, pudding). It just freaks him out! It could be the reaction he gets from you also.

I dont really sell the harm in it, as long as he dosent eat like a book, and as long as it does not have any ink or dye to it. I mean after all, look at the fiber content he will be getting! Lol, Good luck!

jls~Kain~Drake 05-11-2006 03:33 PM

LOL, thanks :P He's so goofy. Kids crack me up.

mommy2zander 05-11-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Or..is he just :lostit: ?
If this is the case, my son's :lostit: too!! We have to say no crayons at restaurants, cause our little silly buddy will eat them like they are the main corse!! :D

DakotasMommy 05-11-2006 10:36 PM

All of my kids have wierd eating thingies. All 6 of them, (well, not Dakota... hes only eating baby food...)

My oldest will not eat a potatoe. No baked potatoes, no potatoe chips, no mashed potatoes, etc... but lives on french fries..... hes 17

My middle boy (hes 11) will not eat corn, but will gobble corn on the cob.

My daughter hates tomatoes. Will not touch them or eat anything they have touched, but lives for ketchup, and tomatoe soup.

My youngest son hates anything mashed.... potatoes, applesauce, etc. If its baby food like texture.. he wont eat it. I tried once to force him to taste mashed potatoes... he won... he vomited in his plate. Oh yea, he hates lettuce too, but loves salad night (we have salad night once a week), and makes a salad with everything except lettuce.

I on the other hand have wierdness too. I can not eat food that touches, and only eat one thing at a time. example...... rice, beans and meat... I will eat the rice, then the beans, then the meat... not mix them.

I say... to each their own.

mamagina 05-11-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2zander
If this is the case, my son's :lostit: too!! We have to say no crayons at restaurants, cause our little silly buddy will eat them like they are the main corse!! :D

My kids LOVE eating crayons, paper, you name it.. I guess they're :lostit: too