Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   if implantation bleeding occurred when did it happen? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527239)

beckstar 08-23-2008 01:27 PM

if implantation bleeding occurred when did it happen?

im currently 13 dpo today and i just noticed some spotting. i got my bfp on 10 dpo...

ive got a history of loss/bleeding in early pregnancy...and needless to say, im afraid.

just hoping this is IB...and wondering when/if you ladies got yours.

Mommy2Gav 08-23-2008 01:46 PM

Re: if implantation bleeding occurred when did it happen?

If it was implantation bleeding, it would have happened before your bfp I think. I spotted several times in the 1st tri with ds and everything was fine.

Mother Lover 08-23-2008 01:57 PM

have you DTD or anything to upset your cervix? Cramping? I'd see a Dr on monday JIC. I'd base it on your own history really...hugs Becks.

beckstar 08-23-2008 02:02 PM

thanks you two.

ive read a few things about IB that say to expect it around 4-5wks pregnant. im one day shy of 4wks...so its right on schedule for IB.

ive had IB earlier than that before as well...and just plain bleeding in both of my pregnancies that went on to term...

im not cramping beyond the usual twingy cramps of early pregnancy...and my test this morning was nice and positive...and darker than yesterdays...so that is reassuring in a sense.

the bleeding is rusty brown and very light...

guess its a wait and see thing.

b'smom 08-23-2008 02:19 PM

:hugs: I hope its IB or just from your cervix. I had bleeding/spotting for the entire first trimester with ds.

mdeveer 08-23-2008 02:24 PM

I had it right around 6 weeks with DD, and it lasted a couple of days. I guess you're more experienced with m/c than me, but for the one I had there was spotting AND pretty much constant cervical pain. So, I would guess if there's no pain, then, yes, it could very well be implantation spotting. Some women have it when the embryo implants and then some have it when the placenta implants. I would think many could miss it, too, b/c it's really not much for me, but I'm just observant b/c of my own unhealthy fear of another m/c. Oh, and I had the spotting with this one, too, my third. GL, and I hope it's a sign of a baby to come in 8 months!:hugs:

mdeveer 08-23-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckstar (Post 4568828)
thanks you two.

ive read a few things about IB that say to expect it around 4-5wks pregnant. im one day shy of 4wks...so its right on schedule for IB.

ive had IB earlier than that before as well...and just plain bleeding in both of my pregnancies that went on to term...

im not cramping beyond the usual twingy cramps of early pregnancy...and my test this morning was nice and positive...and darker than yesterdays...so that is reassuring in a sense.

the bleeding is rusty brown and very light...

guess its a wait and see thing.

That totally sounds like IB.:goodvibes:

jesshb 08-23-2008 02:29 PM

It could be IB but it also could be low progesterone. Can you get your hands on some progesterone cream or pills? If you have a history maybe your health care provider can give you some pills or you can get natural progesterone cream at some health food stores.

I had what might have been IB during the first week after my BFP but my blood test showed low progesterone so my OB at the time recommended applying progesterone cream 2x a day and it seems to keep my levels up until the bean was more established.

Sending sticky bean vibes your way! :hugs:

beckstar 08-23-2008 02:31 PM

im feeling pretty confident...and WEEPY...and hungry...etc.

here is a nice reassuring article:

http://www.helium.com/items/798566-w...ation-spotting

there are 3 in the series...the first article is my favorite.

beckstar 08-23-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesshb (Post 4569001)
It could be IB but it also could be low progesterone. Can you get your hands on some progesterone cream or pills? If you have a history maybe your health care provider can give you some pills or you can get natural progesterone cream at some health food stores.

I had what might have been IB during the first week after my BFP but my blood test showed low progesterone so my OB at the time recommended applying progesterone cream 2x a day and it seems to keep my levels up until the bean was more established.

Sending sticky bean vibes your way! :hugs:

thanks!

i started taking prometrium (vaginally and orally) the first night i got what i thought might be a bfp...i had been prescribed to take it 3 xs a day, but i was only doing 2...i took the 3rd dose today when i noticed the spotting.