Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   This is why... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52746)

MamaZ 10-17-2006 06:55 PM

This is why...

I wish my husband worked 13 hour days EVERY day. He is home early today which is rare. Therefore getting the kids to bed is a chore. DS is in bed sleeping soundly however every time my DD makes a peep he runs in there to rescue her. :banghead: :banghead: Now she's going to think this will happen every night. He's done this to me before and it took an entire week of fighting to get her to bed again on time thanks to his ignorance. :banghead: :banghead:

Sorry, just had to vent.

OneFabMama 10-17-2006 07:01 PM

Re: This is why...

I hear that!

desertblossom79 10-17-2006 07:49 PM

:bighug:
I'm right there in the same boat with you. Only multiply by 3 since my baby has 3 older doting siblings. She doesn't even have to cry, if she's awake, they are in there picking her up! :banghead: Mine are old enough though that if they want to hold her and entertain her all the time I just say fine everytime she starts fussing YOU stop what you are doing and go get her and YOU carry her around. When having to take care of the baby starts cutting into their fun time, they tend to not rescue her everytime she peeps. She's still spoiled though. ;)

Jeni

masonite 10-17-2006 07:55 PM

LOL! It's a toss up!

I love to have my hubby home with me, but he really does mess up our routine!! ;)

bobandjess99 10-17-2006 10:09 PM

wow..I am surprised so many people really think it is a BAD thing to respond to your child. There is no such thing as too much attention for a child. Sure, it's hard on YOU..but it's the best thing for the child. How sad.

masonite 10-17-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobandjess99 (Post 377158)
wow..I am surprised so many people really think it is a BAD thing to respond to your child. There is no such thing as too much attention for a child. Sure, it's hard on YOU..but it's the best thing for the child. How sad.

:headscratch: I never said it was a bad thing to give attention to my child! Woooow. All I said was he messes up our routine.

tessa1002 10-17-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobandjess99 (Post 377158)

I don't know about anyone else but when my DS wakes up a little bit he'll cry for maybe 5 min and then go back to sleep. If you go in there and try to shush him back to sleep he's awake for an hour, at least. So honestly, letting him cry for those 5 minutes IS whats best for him. It has nothing to do with "too much attention".

asandwick 10-17-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masonite (Post 376739)
LOL! It's a toss up!

I love to have my hubby home with me, but he really does mess up our routine!! ;)

:exactly: :yeahthat:

twinsmomkatie 10-17-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masonite (Post 376739)
LOL! It's a toss up!

:yeahthat:

And our son is the same way with attention . . . if we go get him the first time he squeaks, he's up partying for at least a couple of hours, and then he REALLY suffers the next day!