Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   When did you first go to the Dr? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5286)

Shannon 05-11-2006 03:35 PM

When did you first go to the Dr?

or midwife? How many weeks along were you?

With my First DD I went to one Dr when I was @7 weeks along but switched Drs so I didn't really get my first exam until I was 13 weeks.

With DD2 I went in for the consult at 7 weeks and first exam was at 9 weeks.

With DC3....I am 10 weeks and still haven't even called a Dr or found one yet:blush: In my defense...our new insurance just kicked in yesterday...so I'm not THAT bad:mrgreen: And I know my body...I'm doing just fine right now:)

scatterbrainedmom 05-11-2006 03:49 PM

Re: When did you first go to the Dr?

you don't really need to be seen till around 12 weeks. the only thing that is usually done before (with docs, not midwives) is some blood work. you can't pick up the fht until around week 12 with a doppler.

with ds1 i was so sick I went in at 6 weeks and had to be hospitalized due to dehydration.

with ds2 i went in at like 3 weeks just to confirm pregnancy and didn't go back till i think 11 weeks.

with ds3 i had my official appointment at 17 weeks, but my mw is be good friends mom so i saw her frequently. we never did anything other than a urine dip though.

wbkt8 05-11-2006 03:58 PM

with dd i had my first real appointment around 7 weeks i think. they did a vag. u/s (saw the hb), took a boatload of blood, and that was about it. i went in around 4.5-5 weeks to confirm the pg (i was a first timer lol)

we heard the heartbeat at the next appt i believe @ 11 weeks or so...

this was with a cnm

Psychomom 05-11-2006 04:45 PM

6 weeks, but I didn't see a doc. Just saw the OB nurse and got my bloodwork done. After that, I switched to midwifery care.

OneFabMama 05-11-2006 07:20 PM

A few days shy of 7 weeks! I had a previous m/c several months before - so I was adament about going early and having an ultrasound!

Kimmomy2dom 05-11-2006 07:43 PM

My doc doesn't see you until 12 weeks, no matter what I think. This time was 10 weeks because they were going on my LMP which was off from my O date - if that makes sense.

GrowingUpMad 05-11-2006 08:35 PM

Well, my body never tells me early that I am pregnant (I've goten false negitives with all 3). With ds I was about 13 weeks when I found out and about 16 or so when I got in to the doc. Wtih dd I was 10 weeks when I found out and about 12 when I got in to the docs. With this baby I found out at 11 weeks and was in within 2 days because we thought I might have been more like 15 weeks. I still think they are wrong and instead of being 23 1/2 weeks I am 26 weeks.

mamas120 05-11-2006 08:56 PM

My dr. doesn't like to see patients until were 11 weeks. So thats when my first appt. was for both girls.

Bradyn's Mommy 05-11-2006 10:51 PM

With my ds, my first appt was at about 12 weeks at the clinic I went to. This time, I have my first appt with my midwife tomorrow (8 weeks and 3 days).

luvmykids 05-12-2006 04:14 AM

with ds i was 6wks
with dd1 i was 7wks
with dd2 i was 5wks
and with this 1 i waited until 12wks