Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DD is killing me..I'm exhausted! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52961)

milniks7 10-18-2006 11:25 AM

DD is killing me..I'm exhausted!

Anyone else have a baby like this?She is 16 months old and this morning alone she...

climbed onto the bench and then onto the kitchen table about a hundred times

knocked over/climbed over/pulled apart my folded laundry that I am stacking on the living room floor as I fold

pulled all my measuring cups and things out of the drawer

tore apart ds's speech folder which she dragged off the table...we're talking shreds here..sigh

turned on and off the tv a hundred times

pulled cereal boxes out of the cabinet( a low one)

there is more I am sure..i am so tired of chasing this baby! She is asleep now after dropping ds off at preschool..I need the rest!

She is by far my craziest baby ever and if I take my eyes off her for even one milisecond..disaster is sure to strike! Good thing she is so dang adorable....who can get mad at that cute little face???

Nikki
mom to Shea,Anya,Molly,Luke,Noah,Aedan and Lachlan

lombardowa 10-18-2006 11:28 AM

Re: DD is killing me..I'm exhausted!

:hugs: my dd was the same way. When she was about 16 months old, I went to the bathroom and she stacked her toys up high enough to get some nasal decongestant drops off the entertainment center and was drinking them when I got back. We're talking like maybe two minutes here. I was panicking!

momof4 10-18-2006 11:48 AM

What a spunky kid! Hang in there mama; she'll be a genius and support you in your old age :mrgreen:

GrandIsp 10-18-2006 02:25 PM

Same here! :hugs: :banghead: :cry:

GrandIsp 10-18-2006 02:35 PM

Except mine is NOT sleeping !!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

momto2boysinOnt 10-18-2006 02:50 PM

You mean, all toddlers aren't like that???????

Both of my boys are high energy and have no fear. My mom used to call DS1 "Hurricane C" I think DS2 is even worse. And, like the PP's babe, DS2 doesn't think he needs to sleep much. I've nicknamed him "the energizer bunny." I've given up on trying to keep up with him.

Like you say, though, thank goodness they're cute!

CATeacher 10-18-2006 03:21 PM

Seriously! MY dd is just like that but on a HUGE napping strike right now. UGH!!!

Karen

sewingmama2005 10-18-2006 03:48 PM

I could have written your post!! I have my nephew after school, and I had to tell him and my older DD NOT to leave the baby downstairs with the baby gate up...she climbed onto the recliner, up the back of the recliner and OVER it to get into the kitchen (we have a sunken family room, it's like 3 feet below the dining room/kitchen table area). She can get out of ANY buckle in a high chair and stands up and turns around. She can climb the baby gate, but hasn't figured out how to go OVER it just yet. She navigates stairs very well, both up and down (but never without an adult right there just in case). She pushes the buttons the washer/dryer stopping it and turning it off...she turns the tv on and off and on and off. You can tell her NO, she'll shake her head no, and then do it anyway. If she weren't so cute I'd be insane! This morning she was going into the pantry, getting a few pieces of dog food, feeding it to the dog and going back for more. She also kept closing herself between the glass screen door and the front door saying, "Where's Lily?" (wanting to play peekaboo). She's a REAL handful, and I fear it will only get worse...thank goodness I"m a patient person and she's cute :D

mamamac 10-18-2006 08:27 PM

What is my daughter doing at your house??!!!

I know exactly how you feel. This past weekend she learned how to climb out her crib and playpen (the only safe place while taking care of the baby).

fostermomcchr 10-18-2006 08:43 PM

Yep, my now 12 yr old did all of that and more! He is still that way today, has a very high IQ, is as quick as can be to get a puzzle, quiz, new subject, whatever you can thib
nk of-even was helping big brother with prealgebra when he was in the first grade, took it himself the first time in 2nd grade-unofficially, just had a wonderful teacher that was willing to challenge him and had to get the prealgebra curriculum before he had a challenge.
I still get exhausted when he is home all day with me-summer just about kills me dealing with his energy!