Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Did you ever worry...... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53107)

Mom22girlz 10-18-2006 05:21 PM

Did you ever worry......

that your child you were pregnant with would be ugly ? I am pregnant with my third and I worry the baby will be ugly. I have two very beautyful girls and I am wondering if my luck will run out with this baby. LOL Am I the only one who worrys about this. I have worried this with all my pregnancys I guess.

Rachel

FitMommyOf2 10-18-2006 05:32 PM

Re: Did you ever worry......

Honestly, no, I never did. All I was worrying about was their health.

sesa70 10-18-2006 05:35 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No, your not the only one.

When I got the call for our baby girl Amira, I remember calling my mom on the way to the hospital to pick her up and asking her what I would do if this baby was ugly! I said my Celeste is just so beautiful, what if this baby isnt?

She laughed at me and told me no matter what our new addition looked like, I would think she is the most beautiful thing on the planet. And, she was right :goodvibes:

janendragon 10-18-2006 06:26 PM

no, but i did have insane fears even after the u/s that it would be missing a foot or be a hermaphrodite....i think its the hormones.

then there were the fears that when he got out he would instantly hate me......and the nightmares that I went into labor in some strange situation i would never be in (like a strip club) ......or dreams of him kicking inside me then all of a sudden clawing out of my stomach....

hormones do crazy things

courtfrog2 10-18-2006 06:29 PM

I worried that mine wouldn't be very bright!

momtotwinboyz 10-18-2006 06:32 PM

I never worried about them being ugly but flaming red hair and freckles runs in our family. :rofl:

I prayed every day for thier health though.

nothing_butt_cloth 10-18-2006 06:33 PM

Kinda. I told my firend that if my kid was ugly she had to tell me. Every mom thinks they have the cutest kids on the planet.. I was afraid i would think that and really be walking around with an ugly kid. I just wanted to knowthe truth LOL

I did however have HUGE fears i would have a dwarf child. I dontknow why, except i have this thing about little people. Too much Jerry springer or something.. I dont know... I amglad i am overthat... My sister laughs at me everytime i get preggy and asks if i am afraid to have a dwarf LOL..

OneFabMama 10-18-2006 06:42 PM

I did, but what Mother really truly thinks their child is ugly? Once that baby is laid on your chest everything just stops and that baby is the most beautiful little thing ever (and lets be honest, they aint THAT cute covered in white gunk and blood KWIM? lol).

Dont get me wrong I wanted nothing more than a healthy child but I did think about that often too. :hugs: Dont worry. Your baby wont be ugly, I promise.

janendragon 10-18-2006 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneFabMama (Post 379550)
I did, but what Mother really truly thinks their child is ugly? Once that baby is laid on your chest everything just stops and that baby is the most beautiful little thing ever (and lets be honest, they aint THAT cute covered in white gunk and blood KWIM? lol).

Dont get me wrong I wanted nothing more than a healthy child but I did think about that often too. :hugs: Dont worry. Your baby wont be ugly, I promise.

well......mine was pretty darn adorable, he had no vernix, wasnt all scrunched up....hardly any blood, beautiful he was!

Hayley 10-18-2006 07:00 PM

I worried about alot of things, i.e. Health, happy, cute, smart and would he make it. I think what made me think of "what if he is ugly" was looking at all the babies on my Doc's office walls that kinda creeped me out..(not that they were ugly just not mine)....Now that I look at Noah's Newborn photos I think Goodness he looked like an alien. My advice to you. Stop looking at the pictures of other babies, Your will be beautiful to you!