Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Announcement: 50 post requirement for signature privileges (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536924)

beenwaitingalongtime 09-03-2008 01:07 AM

Announcement: 50 post requirement for signature privileges

In an attempt to cut down on the number of signature violations we encounter daily, we've implemented a 50 post minimum for signature privileges.
It is our hope that new members (and existing members w/ low post counts) will have a chance to review the signature limits/rules prior to creating one.
Once you're signature becomes active (after 50 forum posts), we encourage you to post in the Signature Testing forum to make sure it is within guidelines.
For your viewing pleasure, those guidelines are listed below:

Quote:

How many images can we have?
You are limited to 6 images which may include smilies and other small images such as blinkies.

How large can each image be?
Images may be up to 50 px high and 150 px wide. File size must be 60 k or less.

Tickers are considered images and are too large to use on DS

Does it matter how long our signature is?
Yes, we ask that you have no more than 4 lines.
Hitting enter between lines counts as a line
Example of correct:

Susie wife to Jimmy Mommy to 3 kiddos
Website link to store/HC
DS FEEDBACK
"It is impossible to shake hands with a closed fist." - Indhira Ghandi

Example of incorrect:

Susie wife to Jimmy Mommy to 3 kiddos
Website link to store/HC
DS FEEDBACK

"It is impossible to shake hands with a closed fist." - Indhira Ghandi

Does it matter what size font we use?
Yes, font size is limited to 3.

Can I advertise my business in my signature?
Yes, you may link to anything you wish so long as it is family friendly and does not violate the TOS in any other way.

How is signature length determined?
Signature length is determined by the signature that shows up in a person's profile, not in their posts. If you see a signature that looks to be too large just report it by clicking on the triangle button in the top right hand of the posts and moderators will determine if the signature is within limits.
We don't enjoy PMing you re: signature violations any more than you enjoy receiving our 'friendly reminders' & would like all of our members to remain in good standing (read: not receiving strikes for something as insignificant as repeated signature violations), but we DO have to enforce the rules re: signatures to keep Diaperswappers running smoothly.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation--I hope this is a positive addition for the entire community of fluff-loving mamas & papas :thumbsup: