Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How do YOU make meatballs? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53789)

Luvmybabies 10-20-2006 12:23 PM

How do YOU make meatballs?

I'm boring... I just throw the meat, egg, some breadcrumbs and oregano in a bowl. Looking for some different ideas to spice them up a bit!

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 10-20-2006 12:45 PM

Re: How do YOU make meatballs?

I add the same but also include parm.cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper:)

esoloj 10-20-2006 12:49 PM

I got this from the Kraft Parmesan cheese container and this is the recipe my family prefers for meatballs:

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup Kraft 100% grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped parsely (I used dried and less of it)
1 egg
1 clove of garlic, minced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix ingredients together, shape into 12 meatballs. Place on foil lined baking pan, bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.

I have usually subsituted some chopped onion instead of garlic just because with this pregnancy I can't stand garlic, even though ordinarily I love it). I do add a bit of salt also. Sometimes I add a bit of crushed red peppers, too just to give it a bit of a kick. Hope you enjoy!

Erika

Luvmybabies 10-20-2006 03:46 PM

Well, they ended up like this.... 2lbs ground beef, 2 eggs, italian seasoning, roasted garlic (just tomatoes), breadcrumbs and nothing else - I totally forget to add the rest since the baby was yanking at my pant leg - hopefully they come out okay!

OneFabMama 10-20-2006 04:02 PM

ooooo i have a great meatball recipe and its sooooooooo yummy

I take like a pound or whatever you use for your family of lean ground turkey
mix in an egg
breadcrumbs
grated parmesean
about 1/2 a cup of grated mozzarella
fresh chopped garlic
finely chopped onion
fresh chopped parsely
and a handful of 2 of frozen thawed chopped spinach (great way to the kiddies to get some good greens in)

and voila! easy. simple. fast, but oh so tasty. and of course serve with pasta and your favorite sauce. its GREAT with alfredo sauce.

you can cook them in a frying pan with some olive oil or in the oven at like 350 for 20-30 minutes depending on what size you make them.

FitMommyOf2 10-23-2006 07:11 AM

Yummy!!! :drool: I'll have to make some!

Severine 10-23-2006 08:05 AM

Oh man! I've been craving meatballs!!!! :drool:

halyled 10-30-2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luvmybabies (Post 384731)
I'm boring... I just throw the meat, egg, some breadcrumbs and oregano in a bowl. Looking for some different ideas to spice them up a bit!

Instead of plain breadcrumbs I often whir up some store-bought croutons in the food processor. Adding some italian dressing (a few splashes) and a spoonful of onion soup mix adds flavor, too.

I use the same recipe for hamburgers and meatloaf, too. Oh, and worcestershire. I usually add some of that, too.

somersocial 10-30-2006 08:55 AM

My mom was just telling me she tried Rachel Ray's meatball recipie that was on TV last week and it was excellent in flavor and texture! She said you put the raw meatballs in the sauce and cooked them that way. I have been meaning to google the recipie.:goodvibes:

Severine 10-30-2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somersocial (Post 410435)
She said you put the raw meatballs in the sauce and cooked them that way.

That's how my mom cooks her meatballs and they taste so much better that way than when you precook in the oven or a pan!

Still craving meatballs... my mom's specifically. I have her recipe but they just don't come out as good. Probably because I don't make homemade sauce at the same time.