Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My 2 yo is curious :o) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53884)

ttrjpbc 10-20-2006 04:14 PM

My 2 yo is curious :o)

She is adopted also (4 bio, 2 adopted) and is 28 months. She wanted baby's "juice cup" last night....so I let her (for the first time ever) and she just laid there not sure what to do........so did I really:giggle: but it was sweet, and I felt bonding with her that was special. I asked her not to bite mommy, but I think I scared her away from trying to suckle now because she thinks it will hurt me.....I had no intentions of nursing her, but don't want to turn her away either. She is showing more interest than the baby (I am working on lactating for!!)
Plus, if I could get her to pacify at the breast, she might help my milk too?? Maybe?? Is is right that it is a little uncomfortable at first?

So, today out of no where, she starts pulling up my shirt and wants boobies! In front of others in the family who didn't know anything about last night....

I don't know what I am asking really...maybe for someone to tell me it's fine?

What do you'all think?

Thanks

KnottyLDSMama 10-20-2006 04:20 PM

Re: My 2 yo is curious :o)

I think it's great! Especially since I gues she never got bm? And yup, it'll help your milk production along!

superMoM2GTO 10-20-2006 04:47 PM

:hugs: I think its GREAT! Just think of all the health benefits you both will recieve from this :goodvibes: Don't let anyone's neg vibe :yuck: sway you, you know whats best! :thumbsup:

ashleynjacy 10-20-2006 04:48 PM

I nursed my nephew once when my sister had no money for formula...I felt weird...lol. I just told my husband and he told me I belong on Jerry Springer! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ashleynjacy 10-20-2006 04:50 PM

I think if you fee fine about it thats a that matters!

ttrjpbc 10-20-2006 04:53 PM

That is sweet really!! My husband would think I was off my rocker too!!

The rich used to pay a wet nurse, right? Still do in lots of cultures!

vegmom 10-20-2006 05:09 PM

I think it's very sweet and wonderful! I say keep it up!

Luv2bemommy 10-20-2006 05:55 PM

I think it's fantastic! :D

betty_joanne 10-20-2006 06:38 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it. Some people nurse their friend's baby so why not an adopted baby/young child.
Just ignore other people and their comments. Your her parent now and you should choose what is best for her.

Midwyfe 10-21-2006 05:14 PM

I think that it so wonderful.
She is curious and her curiosity on this level is such a positive thing for you, her and building up your supply.