Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ok, how many of you EBF but don't eat like you should? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53973)

presleycaedmon 10-20-2006 09:04 PM

Ok, how many of you EBF but don't eat like you should?

DD is almost 7 months old and is exclusively breastfed. I know that I'm her only source of nutrition but it seems like I do good just to get some food shoved in my mouth by the end of the day, forget about actually putting any thought into what I'm eating.

Now, to be fair, I keep as much organic food in our home as possible and we stay completely away from partially hydrogenated oils, fake sugars, fake butter, etc. But I sure do love my caffine free pepsi and when given the chance I'll almost ALWAYS pick that over the lovely bottle of water sitting next to it in the fridge.

And let's not even talk about fast food.

Let's also not talk about the unopened bottle of vitamins sitting on my nightstand.

So fess up mamas! Tell me I'm not the only one!! :blush:

heamae 10-20-2006 09:28 PM

Re: Ok, how many of you EBF but don't eat like you should?

:hide: I am a really bad eater. LOVE my fast food!! I cant remeber last time I took my prenatals, but I really should nursing two.

presleycaedmon 10-20-2006 09:33 PM

Well at least I'm not the only one! LOL And if you can sustain 2 kiddos on breast milk then I know my dd will be fine! Way to go mama! :thumbsup:

mama23boys 10-20-2006 09:40 PM

me!! i am also anemic and my diet is the absolute worst :hide:

jennylou 10-20-2006 09:43 PM

Hmmm, I don't take a vitamin at all anymore.:blush: My prenatal has no more refills and I ran out.

EmnJJsMom 10-20-2006 10:01 PM

With my first daughter I ate horribly, never took vitamins, and sometimes went an entire day w/out eating. I let breastfeeding cravings take the best of me when I did eat and ate nasty stuff like powdered donuts or chocolate. I struggled majorly from 2 months to 6 months when I gave up. I know part of my problem was my horrible diet (not that I always had a choice, I lived with dd's father and he wouldn't always give me money for food)

With my second daughter, I take my vitamins ritually, I eat a well-balanced healthy diet all day, avoid all caffienes and bulk my diet in areas I know are beneficial to dd. I guess I overcompensate because I remember what a hard time I had nursing last time and that my diet was partly to blame.

kht2006 10-20-2006 10:19 PM

:blush: I struggle with this everyday. I do great until the afternoon and then I cave and eat whatever I can get my hands on. I do take my prenate vitamins and calcium everyday. I had to eliminate soy and dairy for DD and it makes it hard to get good nutrition. Karen

MamaMel 10-21-2006 06:08 AM

I usually eat a good dinner b/c my mom cooks dinner and my dad had a heartattack so its a really heathly dinner. But durring the day its chocolate, fastfood and cheese. Its just to hard to make anything. Of course my son its healthy. Do as I say not as I do :giggle: I do take my vitiamins everyday though

lombardowa 10-21-2006 07:04 AM

Well, my son is allergic milk, soy and eggs, so by the time I cut all of that out I feel like I can't eat anything anyway, so alot of days I just don't eat at all

Tootsiemomma 10-21-2006 07:14 AM

Oh man, I've been bfing for 13 months now, I'm lucky if I eat anything at all during the day. I usually only eat a small snack at lunch and about half a normal meal at night. That's about it. I forget and havent' had much of an appetite since I had her...I also don't take the prenatals, they have an Omega 3 fatty acid pill with it, and it tastes like fish, I HATE fish, and gagged everytime I had to take it, not to mention burping up fish taste for the entire afternoon every day while I was preggo....good ridance!!