Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Need help increasing supply (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54034)

sunshinemama 10-21-2006 06:00 AM

Need help increasing supply

ok with ds1 I could feed triplets. With ds2 I'm having trouble pumping 1-2 oz in 10 minutes for his cereal. I drink lots of water & am trying to eat better (when the kids will let me). I'm guessing if I increase my supply ds2 will feed longer in less frequent increments. I think right now he's not getting enough to last him.

What can I do/get and where do I get it. :)

dluciew 10-21-2006 06:42 AM

Re: Need help increasing supply

Have you tried Fenugreek? Initially I saw a big difference. I got it from a health food store but if you have a high end supermarket you might find it there as well. I took 3 pills 3x a day. Don't be surprised when you smell like maple syrup :) That's when you know it's working. Good luck!

MamaMel 10-21-2006 08:29 AM

pumping is never and indicator of supply.

Your DS could just be feeding like that b/c he wants to not b/c you have low supply. If you had true low supply he would be very unsatisfied at the breast and would scream afterwards b/c he is hungry. If he is just eating short amounts in frequantly that isn't an indicator of low supply that just his eating habbit. If you do increase your supply he very well could end up doing the same thing.

sunshinemama 10-21-2006 09:36 AM

Thanks MamaMel, I didn't think of that. Makes me feel a little better.

I still need to increase my supply a little for pumping. I don't know if it's me or what. I never had a problem before and now it takes like 10 minutes to pump 2 oz into a bottle. I really don't want to mix his cereal (we're just starting) with water :yuck:

Where online can I get Fenugreek? I doubt I'll find it locally.

presleycaedmon 10-21-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshinemama (Post 386737)

Do you have a Wal-Mart? That's where I got mine! :thumbsup:

sunshinemama 10-21-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by presleycaedmon (Post 386800)
Do you have a Wal-Mart? That's where I got mine! :thumbsup:

yeah, what is it next to? the vitamins?

MamaMel 10-21-2006 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshinemama (Post 386737)
Thanks MamaMel, I didn't think of that. Makes me feel a little better.

I still need to increase my supply a little for pumping. I don't know if it's me or what. I never had a problem before and now it takes like 10 minutes to pump 2 oz into a bottle. I really don't want to mix his cereal (we're just starting) with water :yuck:

one way I love to pump when I need to get a little bit more is to pump while my DD is nursing. I can usually get 4 oz in 5 minutes!

Also Ive heard people having great results w/ eat oatmeal (regular not instant) and it help w/ supply

sunshinemama 10-21-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaMel (Post 386810)
one way I love to pump when I need to get a little bit more is to pump while my DD is nursing. I can usually get 4 oz in 5 minutes!

Also Ive heard people having great results w/ eat oatmeal (regular not instant) and it help w/ supply

I can try pumping while he nurses but it's electric (makes noise) so he might get distracted with it, :giggle: Thanks for the oatmeal tip, I'm going grocery shopping monday I'll pick some up!

presleycaedmon 10-21-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshinemama (Post 386805)
yeah, what is it next to? the vitamins?

Yep!

YumaDoula 10-21-2006 05:25 PM

I was bfing after a reduction, and all of us "BFAR" moms took Domperidone (motillium). I had a ginormous supply, nearly 100%. You can get it at globaldrug.tv