Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   do you have a good home made chili recipe (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54549)

tigger15623 10-22-2006 07:32 PM

do you have a good home made chili recipe

Ok ii want to soooooooo make chili my self tommrow its going to be cold but i dont know how i would like to get one thats short on ingrednets but big on tast no peppers please and not to hot LOL can some one help me thank you

mama23boys 10-22-2006 07:54 PM

Re: do you have a good home made chili recipe

yup :D

brwn about half an onion in butter when thats browned add 1 jar Paul Newmans mariana sauce (fill same jar half half full with water and add also), 1.5 packet lawrys chili packet, 1 can kidney beans

1 pound hamburger browned and drained then add to above.

simmer for half an hr or more :goodvibes:

i tweak this as i need to!

FitMommyOf2 10-23-2006 07:10 AM

yummy!:drool:

tigger15623 10-23-2006 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama23boys (Post 390364)
yup :D

brwn about half an onion in butter when thats browned add 1 jar Paul Newmans mariana sauce (fill same jar half half full with water and add also), 1.5 packet lawrys chili packet, 1 can kidney beans

1 pound hamburger browned and drained then add to above.

simmer for half an hr or more :goodvibes:

i tweak this as i need to!

thank you i will try this one :)

sarahannecloud9 10-26-2006 02:36 PM

I boil the hamb meat (with 1 chop onion) cause I like it in tiny pieces and I can rince all the fat out. This add a huge can of stewed tomatoes and a cpl cans of kidney beans. We also keep the strips of bellpeppers in the freezer which I like to add as well. Sometimes if we have mushrooms They get tossed in too, lol. Then I add a cpl packs of the chilli spices from wmart for real cheap. Add other spices as you like. Like garlic powder, onion salt, italian seasioning or a bit of cianne pepper just for a tag of extra flavor. A tad is all we use because I don't like it hot either!
Anyways, enjoy!!!

Severine 10-26-2006 03:47 PM

Super easy!

1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 jar salsa (I usually use Newman's Own Mild)
1 med or large can dark kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 med or large can pink beans, rinsed and drained
1 or 2 small cans tomato sauce
1 large can diced tomatoes, drained
chili powder and pepper to taste (salt if you wish but there's usually enough already from the canned stuff)

Brown ground beef. Drain fat. Add everything else and simmer covered for 20 minutes.

Voila! Very easy chili that tastes great!

jelynn 10-26-2006 08:22 PM

This is the recipe I use-- it's supposed to be a Wendy's knock-off. Everyone always loves it.
I cut down on the meat and use more beans (kidney and black). You could omit the green peppers and cayenne. :D

2 lbs. fresh ground beef
1 qt. tomato juice (I just use tomato paste and water)
1 (29 oz.) can tomato puree
1 (15 oz.) can red beans, drained
1 medium onion (1 1/2 c.), chopped
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup green pepper, diced
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tsp. cumin (if you like real flavor, add more)
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

In a frying pan, brown the ground beef; drain. Put the drained beef and the remaining ingredients into a 6-quart pot. Cover the pot; let it simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.