Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   PLEASE do not bid/buy, if you do not intend to pay! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=554877)

beenwaitingalongtime 09-22-2008 10:34 AM

PLEASE do not bid/buy, if you do not intend to pay!

Just a little PSA reminding you to think twice before you make purchases, as you're not able to come to Diaperswappers looking for someone to bail you out. (It violates our spam rules.)
We're seeing an increase in the number of 'oops I didn't mean to buy this' and 'please outbid me' threads reported, so I figured I'd make a general announcement.
In summary, if you don't have enough PayPal, will have to default on a mortgage payment, or will be presented divorce papers for making a diaper (or other) purchase, DO NOT CLICK 'BUY'!
You will have to pay for it and wait till it comes to your house, then list it in FSOT to get your money back.
Isn't it easier to just click out of the listing?
:mrgreen:

RebeccaMomof3 11-14-2008 09:41 AM

Re: PLEASE do not bid/buy, if you do not intend to pay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beenwaitingalongtime (Post 4854237)
In summary, if you don't have enough PayPal, will have to default on a mortgage payment, or will be presented divorce papers for making a diaper (or other) purchase, DO NOT CLICK 'BUY'!

:giggle2: This made me giggle. Good advice :thumbsup:

formula1girl 05-20-2009 07:31 AM

a little OT, but the hat on your baby is made of beautiful colors! Baby is beautiful too!=)))

bitvimswi 10-13-2009 01:52 AM

I accept:seeing an increase in the number of 'oops I didn't mean to buy this' and 'please outbid me' threads reported, so I figured I'd make a general announcement. In summary, if you don't have enough PayPal, will have to default on a mortgage payment

swrlgrl105 01-29-2011 05:54 PM

:)

MommaJacobs 05-14-2012 02:32 PM

hehe!! I like this!!

Mindalynn 05-29-2012 02:17 PM

I thought we weren't supposed to "bid" on diapers at all on DS--no auction style sales, right? So how could someone outbid someone else to help them out?

indievaleree 01-22-2014 11:12 AM

LOVE this!

waiting4babygurl 07-01-2014 04:08 PM

Theres bidding here?

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com

qsefthuko 07-01-2014 05:04 PM

No bidding here. This is an old thread.

Apparently at one time people would bid on ebay but not be able to afford the cost. To solve the issue they would, apparently, then come to DS and ask the general membership to outbid them thereby avoiding having to pay. I have not seen this in the 3 years I have been on here so it isn't currently an issue.