Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Breastfeeding and clothdiapering = insane!?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55498)

Tootsiemomma 10-25-2006 08:13 AM

Breastfeeding and clothdiapering = insane!??

I was watching Bringing Home Baby on TLC yesterday, I usually check it out while nursing Dakotah and putting her down for her afternoon nap. They had a family who had two kids and then added a set of identical twin girls. The mother had nursed the other two kiddos for two years each. Well, their friends who had a set of twins also, came over and the mom of the other twins, says this woman is insane, she nurses and uses cloth diapers!! It kinda annoyed me because why is doing the natural best thing insane?? Just because "we" as in (bfers and cders) feel this is what's best for our children and are willing to sacrafice convience and our bodies to give them that? Sorry, not meaning to offend anyone here but it just irked me....I was so happy and proud to see a woman on tv finally showing a different side of parenting and then to be so put off by another woman's snide remark..am I just being petty here?

Luvmybabies 10-25-2006 08:19 AM

Re: Breastfeeding and clothdiapering = insane!??

I saw that episode over the summer, it was the last time I watched the show.

Tootsiemomma 10-25-2006 08:24 AM

Yeah I don't think I'll be watching it anymore, I have a good mind to email TLC and give them a piece of my mind, but I doubt it would do any good.

Luvmybabies 10-25-2006 08:26 AM

It probably wouldn't do any good, I think that Pampers is a sponsor for that show - so if anything, they probably push sposies :(

Tootsiemomma 10-25-2006 08:31 AM

Yeah, probably just be a waste of time and energy. Ugh, seems like everything baby related is sponsered by either formula companies or sposie companies. I still get samples of formula and disposable diapers, never use them, I just give them to my friend.

Luvmybabies 10-25-2006 08:33 AM

I bet if a large manufacturer like Fuzzi Bunz or Swaddlebees had commercials, magazine ads and sponsored shows the way sposies do we'd see alot more people using cloth!!

Shawna_L 10-25-2006 10:22 AM

Well I haven't been called insane yet. But one of my friends said that I'm trying to be a "supermom" in a nasty voice while rolling her eyes. I was confused as to why my parenting choices would be viewed in a competitive way. I don't walk around advertising the fact that we BF & CD! :headscratch:

Kimmomy2dom 10-25-2006 10:31 AM

Oh that one! I never watch that show, but someone told me it was on so I tivod it over the summer. I would never say something like that in front of my friend.
*sigh* I guess I'm insane...

titania 10-25-2006 10:43 AM

i hate that show, and a baby story too for that matter.

Marielblewis 10-25-2006 12:17 PM

A lot of people get defensive about those things if they aren't doing them. I will be using CD for the first time with this one and when I tell my pregnant friends they either try to talk me out of it or give me a long explanation about why they aren't doing it. I agree, I hate the way shows make us seem like freaks. I think we are the normal ones.