Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Help! 2 yo back in dipes... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557124)

wrightmommy 09-24-2008 03:05 PM

Help! 2 yo back in dipes...

My 2 yo has been PL for the past 6 months and has finally about gotten everything put together...he tells us when he pees and poos...usually...and if he doesn't tell us he does a waddle around the house. He was wearing training pants, but I made the mistake of letting him wear diapers again yesterday :banghead: because he has been asking for one. He has lost privileges that we feel give him independence...stools, playing with the vacuum (his favorite "toy"), washing his own hands, etc....and explained that "babies" don't get these privileges. He seems so thrilled with himself that he is wearing dipes again...grrr!!!! Any suggestions? I am taking the dipes away tomorrow and telling him no more, but he is rebelling against the potty too. If it helps he has a 1 yo brother who is currently ECing part time. Thanks!

Calgary SHAM 09-24-2008 04:08 PM

Re: Help! 2 yo back in dipes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightmommy (Post 4877978)
He has lost privileges that we feel give him independence...stools, playing with the vacuum (his favorite "toy"), washing his own hands, etc....and explained that "babies" don't get these privileges. He seems so thrilled with himself that he is wearing dipes again...grrr!!!! Any suggestions? I am taking the dipes away tomorrow and telling him no more, but he is rebelling against the potty too.

Well... I Don't think that punishment is a good route, and to add a little humiliation on top of that (name calling) Might just set you back a little more. I'd suggest not putting any more diapers on and just having him help a little with any 'accidents' that happen, he'll get over this. He's not doing it to upset you :blush:

eco-baby 09-24-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgary SHAM (Post 4878729)
Well... I Don't think that punishment is a good route, and to add a little humiliation on top of that (name calling) Might just set you back a little more. I'd suggest not putting any more diapers on and just having him help a little with any 'accidents' that happen, he'll get over this. He's not doing it to upset you :blush:

I agree that just makes it a fight between you guys, it could damage his self esteem and it's not worth it, I made the same mistake with my DD and she was stuborn, she was afraid of the potty and would hold it till she cried, I had to put her in the bath or she would not pee...unless she had a diaper on...so it was a while before she PL'd but whose skedual says they gotta be PL'd by this age anyways...2's not that old, ride it out, you making a big deal of it only makes it worse (trust me on that one lol ), he's still BIG in other area's mama let him be big in those area's...

Miriamkaye 09-25-2008 12:41 AM

It depends on the personality of your child, but my stubborn & feisty little girl just would not go poop in the toilet. I spent a week trying to punish her out of the behavior and then decided, why does it really matter. I put her in pull-ups which she didn't abuse since I had never really used them before, and she used them like panties. She just would poop in one a day. Finally at 3 she decided not to wear diapers any more. It was much better on our relationship that way.

Good luck!

NATTYBATSMOM 10-07-2008 06:25 PM

Why is using a diaper that big of a deal? If he's not ready, he's not ready use diapers until he tells you he's ready! I don't understand why people push this milestone so much. I mean, we don't push kids to walk this way so why is it like this for using the potty? I don't get it.