Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tell me your process.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5585)

tararaboomdeea 05-12-2006 06:52 PM

Tell me your process....

Of washing your cd's, step by step. Do you pre-soak before adding detergent? What temp do you wash/rinse on? What type of detergent do you use and do you add anything to it? Do you dry in dryer or line dry? I have read so many different ways to wash that my head is spinning :lostit: Help me!

Thanks!!

hollyhobby30 05-12-2006 06:59 PM

Re: Tell me your process....

I use a dry pail.

1.Put all dipes in washer and run a cold prewash/rinse cycle with water level on high. (let soak a bit if really soiled)

2.Run a HOT wash with a capful of Sport-Wash with water level on high.

3.Run a final cold rinse with water level on high but sometimes low if I want to really agitate them.

4.Put all in dryer but my Fuzzi Bunz and Covers. Line dry those.

5.Done.

I wash every other day. I don't add vinegar to the wash because we have hard well water and it makes my diapers stink.

Sweetforestcat 05-12-2006 07:00 PM

I have two wetbags (well dry bags) One for poo dipes one for pee dipes. I add the poo dipes with 2 TBS of detergent (sometimes a little squirt of dish detergent) and prewash them in cold. Then I add pee dipes and soak overnight with vinegar and EO. Next morning I wash on hot and rinse 2X. I dry everything except covers and pockets. Occasionally I will do a couple of extra rinses or wash without any detergent to help get rid of any buildup issues but it is usually once every 6 weeks.

Oh I only wash once or sometimes twice a week.

As for detergent I alternate between SUN, ERA and simple green/washing soda.

SandyG 05-12-2006 07:03 PM

cold rinse with tto
hot wash lil bit of allens
warm rinse
cold rinse

ChurchPunkMom 05-12-2006 07:36 PM

I have a dry pail.
I turn my washer on with a cold rise, dump the bucket and sprinkle a little baking soda on dipes and then into bucket.
When cold rinse is done I add a bit of Trader Joe's brand laundry detergent - it's concentrated powder so I only use about a tbsp or two.
Hot wash, cold rinse, cold rinse.
I toss everything in the dryer that doesn't have PUL and dry on high for 70min.
Unless it's a small load, I usually dry again on high for another 30min or so.

Almost all my covers are either Wiggle Worm Bottoms (PUL between two layers of fabric) or wool. The WWB covers get washed with regular laundry (unless poopy) and dried on medium heat every 2nd or 3rd time washed (line dried otherwise).

gr33nie 05-12-2006 07:40 PM

some if it depends on what type of dipe you use and your washing machine.

I use mostly pockets with hemp inserts and my DS hasn't had solid poops yet so no spraying yet

I also have a front loader

1. throw everything into a round plastic garbage can w/out a lid lined with a SNAP-EZ diaper pail liner

2. throw into the washing machine and run a cold wash with nothing in it

3. HOOOTTT wash (sanitary cycle on my machine) with 1 tsp. Allen's Natrually liquid detergent and 1/4cup vinegar in the fabric softener thingy

4. Dry for 1.5 hours usually on warm but every once in a while on hot.

wait to stuff until dipes are cool

SheilaJoy 05-12-2006 07:51 PM

1. One wash cycle with just cold water and TTO, sometimes a squirt of Dawn and vinegar rinse.
2. Hot wash with 1/4 cup washing soda and 2 Tbs Simple Green
3. Warm wash cycle with no soap, just to rinse everything out well

Right now, my ds is sick and has nasty diarrhea :yuck: so I have been doing one cold wash cycle with just his poopy ones, then another cold wash with all of them.

I usually dry everything in the dryer on low heat because I don't like how most of the stuff is crunchy if I line dry. Plus, I don't have sun yet, so line drying just means hanging them over the bannister on the stairs.

aimeemarie 05-12-2006 08:08 PM

New to Cd'ing but this is mine so far.

1. Run Heavy Soil with less than a Tbsp of Sun. I think my heavy Soil does a Prewash, long hot 140 degree wash and 3 rinses.
2. Dry on low.

(This is with FB's btw.) So far so good. :)

Luvmybabies 05-12-2006 08:26 PM

Dry Pail
Put all the dipes in the washer, run a cold prewash.
Hot wash with Allens
Cold rinse
Everything in the dryer on low heat for about an hour, whatever isn't dry goes on the drying rack. I don't use PUL or Nylon covers now, but when I did those were line dried.

Choose2bgr8 05-12-2006 08:34 PM

Dry Pail
Everything in the wash for prewash with a tad of Sol U Mel (essentially TTO)
Wash on warm with Melaleuca
Rinse on Hot with Calgon
Everything in the dryer (except I am trying to move to the line with summer coming on. Haven't gotten that routine down yet).
Then everything comes out gets folded and stuffed so dh doesn't have to "think" of what to put where and which insert to put in which diaper. It's easier for him that way.