Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560098)

InnerFlowerChild 09-27-2008 04:25 PM

malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today...

Who should I contact about this? I had to run a sweep of my anti-virus program to remove a trojan horse this morning, and I was just notified that "Mal/JSShell-B" was trying to install a few minutes ago. Having to remove possible remnants of it now. Both of these occurances happened while on the new posts area. I didn't even click a link!

Anyway, I don't know much about this stuff. I thought it was worth mentioning to an admin or a mod in case they should be aware of it! Thx!

UPDATE: This is what my antivirus software said about the malware:
"Category: Behavioral; Risk Rating: 5 (out of 5); Description: This item exhibited a behavior or characteristic commonly associated with spyware or other malware. It does not match a know definition, but could be an emerging threat not yet documented."

mrsbesky 09-27-2008 06:21 PM

Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

This may not be the same thing, but I had something similar happen to me this morning. I was looking at posts in the Mom and Dad area and my computer went nuts. I just kept giving me popup blocks and spyware block notices. I had to log off and shut down the comuter.

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 09-27-2008 08:41 PM

Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

weird:( i will point the techs toward this and see if they can help:goodvibes:

InnerFlowerChild 09-27-2008 08:49 PM

Thanks so much for your assistance! :goodvibes: I just haven't had it happen on any other sites (like I'm ever ON any other ones :giggle2: ), so it seemed to be linked here somehow. Hackers who don't have anything better to do than mess with us mamas! :lemmeathim:

ustasmom 09-27-2008 08:49 PM

I kept getting an attack just a little while ago when on DS. Then when I finally got it closed, it shut the whole Firefox down.

Off to clean up.

mommy_have_it 09-28-2008 08:24 AM

Jen
Someone posted this on the HC forums to and said she dare not come back.
And last night when I was on, my (new:cry: ) laptop went crazy while on DS and and shut down.
I scanned for viruses and spyware but luckily no problems.

Zabibaby 09-28-2008 08:48 AM

yes it happened to me too yesterday, I didnt know what to think , my lapto is just brand new and I thought I was starting to have problems.
Never connected that to ds but now that I read this....

jpicasso 09-28-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsbesky (Post 4910999)
This may not be the same thing, but I had something similar happen to me this morning. I was looking at posts in the Mom and Dad area and my computer went nuts. I just kept giving me popup blocks and spyware block notices. I had to log off and shut down the comuter.

This is the same thing that happened to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabibaby (Post 4914881)
yes it happened to me too yesterday, I didnt know what to think , my lapto is just brand new and I thought I was starting to have problems.
Never connected that to ds but now that I read this....

I got a new computer just a couple days ago, and I thought that maybe vista wasn't working right with DS. Glad to know it's not an issue on my end.

:(

aecryan 09-28-2008 02:10 PM

I have spent the better part of today dealing with a "rat". Random access terminal. My computer internet browser was hijacked. PITB! We just installed new spyware/security software on all of our computers. My desktop is still being scanned. Be on the lookout mamas!

Mom23kids 09-28-2008 03:12 PM

This happened to me yesterday, too. I had to reboot my computer and even turn off my modem for awhile. My Norton thing said it was coming from here. I think I got attacked 3 or 4 times.