Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What brand of shoes do you prefer for your toddler? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560953)

*Alabamamom* 09-28-2008 06:53 PM

What brand of shoes do you prefer for your toddler?

I loved the soft pedipeds, but they are no longer big enough.. :( I really would like to get a good sturdy pair for him to wear a while, through the fall/winter/and hopefully spring next year.. I thought about stride rites, keds, Nike, Reeboks etc.. but would like some opinions! TIA.. :goodvibes:

MisanthropeKitty 09-28-2008 06:54 PM

Re: What brand of shoes do you prefer for your toddler?

i got my son the cutest pair of stride rites for this winter!

kmjmom 09-28-2008 06:58 PM

Vans are what have fit best on both of my boys. they have super duper wide feet and my 2yo will undo velcro so has to have laces. that doesn't leave me with a lot of choices.

GEMQEMCABOOSE 09-28-2008 06:59 PM

Ecco all the way. They are very lightweight and flexible but supportive for walking. Held up great and resale is fantastic.

keysersoze 09-28-2008 07:17 PM

2.75 yo is still wearing pedoodles and see kai run.

MandyLee 09-28-2008 07:47 PM

I usually buy Stride Rite, but recently I bought a pair of Robeez tredz, and 2 pair of Pediped Flex (they were on a really good sale), and I love them both! They're nice and flexible like the original Robeez, and Pedipeds, but they have a sole so they're durable enough for a very active toddler. My DD seems to be very comfortable in them both, and they're holding up great.

Michelle8903 09-28-2008 07:54 PM

preschoolians.....love 'em!

*Alabamamom* 09-28-2008 08:14 PM

I would like to try some of the pediped flex ( love the jake style) but for over $50?! :jawdrop:

I've not heard of Ecco.. have to look for those..

Forgot about preschoolians.. have to go look!

Connors_Mama 09-28-2008 08:16 PM

Stride Rite...DS has a super chunky foot and the Extra Wide's from there are the only ones that fit him. Sometimes the stores have buy one get one half off too

L J 09-28-2008 08:23 PM

Henry has 3 pair of Pedipeds Flex - it is all he will wear. He loves them, and so do I! I bought him some Robeez Tredz and had to turn around and eBay them because he said they hurt his feet.

The Pedipeds Flex go on easily, stay on and are flexible enough to bend with one adult finger but definitely sturdy enough to hold up to an active toddler.

I'm not a fan of Stride Rite in the bigger sizes because they seem so stiff. Henry had a pair of sandals this summer and he couldn't walk well in them. They got eBay'd too.

The only other shoe I have any experience with are New Balance. I bought two pair at a consignment store and they are Henry's outside, playing in the mud shoes. They were really worn when I bought them, so I don't know if they are different new, but these seem to have a good amount of flex in the sole.

ETA: Pedipeds resell well, even well loved. So, yeah, $50ish up front, but you can recoup some of that. :)