Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   DD woun't wear a diaper...or pee on the potty!!! HELP PLEASE! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568898)

jensenlife 10-07-2008 01:19 PM

DD woun't wear a diaper...or pee on the potty!!! HELP PLEASE!

My daughter turns 2 next week and during the days we are home, Tu, Th and Sat and Sun, i often have her sit on the potty between diaper changes. But once the diaper is off she wants to just sit there and 90% of the time she wont pee. Then she just says "show me" and I look and there is nothing. Then i say, OK you've tried now lets put your diaper back on. Then she starts screaming saing, pee pee on the potty and then she goes and sits back down...then nothing happens, again and the whole cycle starts over again.
So what should i do? She usually isn't going on the floor either, just when i finally get the diaper on her, like to go out to the store or something, or for nap, then she goes. *sigh
...please help mamas!

Ariana'sClothesline 10-07-2008 04:57 PM

Re: DD woun't wear a diaper...or pee on the potty!!! HELP PLEASE!

My daughter hates diapers also, I have wood floors and just let her run bottomless. She is finally pretty much potty trained but she still sometimes will go if she has bottoms on, she holds it if she's naked. If your floors allow I would just try being naked, she will get it figured out. She's definetely got the idea, once you catch a pee or two she will get it :)

jensenlife 10-07-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariana'sClothesline (Post 5010313)
My daughter hates diapers also, I have wood floors and just let her run bottomless. She is finally pretty much potty trained but she still sometimes will go if she has bottoms on, she holds it if she's naked. If your floors allow I would just try being naked, she will get it figured out. She's definetely got the idea, once you catch a pee or two she will get it :)

thank you! we live in an apartment so i don't care too much about the floors, the only thing is i have a 6 month old learning to crawl and so i don't want old pee on the floor when she's down there. KWIM.
thanks, we will keep trying then:goodvibes:

dragondance 10-08-2008 12:38 AM

When they are learning it takes a while to go pee. They've spent a long time ignoring those signals. In our little potty DVD it even has a song about what to do while you're sitting on the potty waiting :giggle: so I'd just let her sit for a while, with maybe some books or toys next to it, or you could sing songs, etc. :thumbsup:

jensenlife 10-08-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragondance (Post 5014669)
When they are learning it takes a while to go pee. They've spent a long time ignoring those signals. In our little potty DVD it even has a song about what to do while you're sitting on the potty waiting :giggle: so I'd just let her sit for a while, with maybe some books or toys next to it, or you could sing songs, etc. :thumbsup:

ahhh good idea. i think i just get impatient...but this can be a very long process i am learning:giggle:

vintagegyrl 10-09-2008 09:07 AM

sounds like she is getting the concept. it takes a long time usually. praise her for sitting there. dont get frustrated when she goes in her pants. IK it's hard, but otherwise she will pick up on the frustration.

lilysmomma 10-09-2008 11:58 AM

all summer we just did the naked toddlers :giggle2: now scarlett is completely trained day and night and has been for about a month. She was 26 months I think? we started in may when she turned 2, and it took a little while for her to get it, but shes all good now :lostit: