Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lilypadz? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57176)

MommyCRat 10-29-2006 08:19 PM

Lilypadz?

I just got some over the weekend. If I get them on right, I don't leak. And I ususally soak whatever I have on. It's wonderful! I'm even going braless tonight. I'm kindof concerned about infection, tho', if I don't use them right. Do any of you use them? Lilypadz.com if you don't know what they are.

Ooey 10-29-2006 08:21 PM

Re: Lilypadz?

I used them a little bit right after Whilder was born. They were great, I don't know If I believe all that talk about infection if you leave them on too long.

zionnecherub 10-29-2006 08:33 PM

They were ok, I actually lost them though. They did leak at night sometimes.

AKM 10-30-2006 02:41 PM

I had that same worry, but didn't have any problems with infections.

Actually, I didn't end up using them much since one of the first times I used them outside the house, one ended up leaking and I had my first (and thank goodness, only) milk spot.

The other problems I had with them were that they didn't fold up well in my bra when I was nursing and I wasn't going to sit them out somewhere in public. After I put them in boiling water the first time to sterilize them they seemed to lose their suction too, so hopefully that doesn't happen to you.

momx2 10-30-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKM (Post 411624)
I had that same worry, but didn't have any problems with infections.

Actually, I didn't end up using them much since one of the first times I used them outside the house, one ended up leaking and I had my first (and thank goodness, only) milk spot.

The other problems I had with them were that they didn't fold up well in my bra when I was nursing and I wasn't going to sit them out somewhere in public. After I put them in boiling water the first time to sterilize them they seemed to lose their suction too, so hopefully that doesn't happen to you.

I had the same problems with them. although I LOVED them at first ... when I started going out in public and BF my dd,... I didn't know where to put them...and they didn't seem to stick to my boobs as great after I peeled them off, kwim?

I found someone online who still had the BLIS system in stock and I bought that instead and LOVE it!!! If you can find it on ebay or somewhere else, that's what I'd recommend! .. BLIS: Breast Leakage Inhibitor System It's no longer made, but if you can find it, they're great! (lol I sound like tony the tiger! lol)

MommyCRat 10-31-2006 09:26 AM

I think I washed them with the wrong soap and they aren't quite as sticky since then. I'm gonna try to wash w/ a better soap and see what happens.

I was out all yesterday evening and did fine. No puddling milk inside of them (then it shoots out when I pull them off!!) and I don't really care if someone sees them, I'm not sure anyone would really know what they were anyway.

I hope I can get the stickiness back!

momx2 10-31-2006 09:43 AM

lol

try washing it with dawn. It does wonders!! lol

MommyCRat 11-01-2006 08:30 AM

that's exactly what i did...it worked, but I'm having to wash them twice a day. can you overwash them?

benjason 11-01-2006 09:57 PM

I forgot that I had bought a pair with my older DS - I need to try them again now. I couldn't ever figure out what to do with them when I was nursing either.

MommyCRat 11-02-2006 08:52 AM

Okay..I'm offically disappointed w/ them. The only time they stay stuck is w/ a bra. Kindof defeats the purpose. :(