Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   What the h***?? 2 1/2 year old NO LONGER PT?!?!?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575912)

luv_my_2boys 10-14-2008 07:40 PM

What the h***?? 2 1/2 year old NO LONGER PT?!?!?!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Okay, so here's my situation:
I started PT very early w/my oldest son. He was 20 months last December when we started, but had been showing a lot of interest and caught on rather quickly. He never has been **completely** accident free, but has done pretty well up until the past few weeks. He hadn't had a poop accident in probably 6 months.
Now all of the sudden, it's like he could care less!! He pees in the carseat every time we go anywhere, and if I ask him to go before we get in the car, he invariably tells me he doesn't need to. The past week or so, he's pooped in his pants (now back to diapers, actually) every time!!!!!!!!!
I have tried offering rewards, sticker charts, ignoring the bad/praising the good, going back to diapers (to save my sanity), letting him clean up his own accidents, leaving him in wet pants since it is surely uncomfortable, etc., etc.
WHAT GIVES??

glitterdaisymom 10-14-2008 07:53 PM

Re: What the h***?? 2 1/2 year old NO LONGER PT?!?!?!

Is he under some sort of stress? I know that sounds dumb because he's a kid... but maybe something is really troubling him.

missydawn 10-14-2008 08:02 PM

Don't worry about it mama. Most kids go backwards in the PL think It is normal. Just keep doing what you are doing. It may take a little bit but he will come back around.

luv_my_2boys 10-14-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glitterdaisymom (Post 5084359)
Is he under some sort of stress? I know that sounds dumb because he's a kid... but maybe something is really troubling him.

A few things have been going on, but nothing big. He has a brother 16 months yonger than him, but they get along great.
I did go back to work just on Saturdays a few weeks ago (probably was right around the time this started, come to think of it), but he seemed to be doing just fine with that. Stays with Daddy, and doesn't really even ask for me...
:headscratch:

We also removed the TV from our house, but that was after this problem started.

I'm going to have to think about stress some more, I guess...

3babiestolove 10-14-2008 08:39 PM

I am having the same problem with my son who has a twin sister. His sister can use the potty during awake but it is hit or miss with him. We haven't mastered poo business yet (5 times so far). Recently, he was sick, but I know it is small regression for him. Plus I noticed when he is playing a lot he tends to forget to use the potty. Hang in there. You are not alone. I know it I can be very frustrating at times. :banghead:

LaNessa

Mayghan 10-27-2008 06:08 AM

Im right there with you ladies!!!

ODS went from using the potty 100% of the time for pee and 50% for poop. Then he started pooping in his underpants every single time but always the potty for pee and now he barely ever uses the potty even though we put him on it at least once an hour.

I have no idea if we should give up for a couple months and try again or just keep trying...

STK2 10-28-2008 11:41 AM

Ok Thank HEAVENS!!!! I am at my wits end with my DD!!!!:banghead: She will be 3 in Jan. and recently started the same thing..she has only pooped in the potty 3 times, but had the pee thing down!!! Now she is peeing everywhere and does not care.:banghead: Yesterday she pottied while in her room playing then came and sat on my lap as if she had done nothing:cry: !!! I am so frustrated also!! She has reversed before right before she turned 2 and I gave up went back to diapers until she was about 2 1/2 and we got it!! Or so I thought:banghead: !! And last night on the way to the store she pottied in her carseat and when I went to unbuckle her and noticed she laughed:banghead::banghead: !!!!! So yes I feel your pain and frustation also!!!:lostit: :lostit:

But I did figure out that going back to diapers this time is no option!!! I just put more panties on her everytime!!! She thinks she wants to be a baby--Has a
14m old brother and sometimes just wants to be a baby!! Which is what everyone told me the first reverse was all about!!

viettasgirl 10-28-2008 01:29 PM

My dd is doing the exact same thing. Out of the clear blue, after a couple MONTHS of independently doing all the pottying by herself, she's just devil-may-care about it all. It's been very trying. I think she just hasn't fully owned this process yet- some of it's attention, I'm sure, with a new baby- but I also think she's decided that it's not as much fun as it used to be. I've had to relax a lot and just roll with it but sometimes I get so frustrated with washing peed out undies!!! It's not much better yet so I'm right there with you. :hugs: