Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   i am sooooo NOT ready for this!!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578240)

wildeyes 10-17-2008 05:26 AM

i am sooooo NOT ready for this!!!!

dd walks up to me, and announces that she has "bumps on her boobies" she then shows me... and OMG!!! SHE HAS BUMPS ON HER AREOLAS!!! NOOOO!!! she'll be 7 on tuesday..... isnt that one of the first signs of puberty?? no no no no no. mommy not ready.....

i called my mom, and she LAUGHED at me!!! :banghead:
please tell me i was seeing things, and its not what i think it is........

no growing up for my little girl... NO! :cry: :cry: :cry:

tarah1218 10-17-2008 07:01 AM

Re: i am sooooo NOT ready for this!!!!

Awww, I know you don't want to see her grow up so fast! :hugs: I had the little bumps at her age and by the time I was 9 I had A cups, nothing huge but I did have something. Maybe take her for a sports bra or something? So you can bond and connect right now? :hugs:

sourpatch_babe 10-17-2008 07:13 AM

I'd suggest taking her to the pedi to confirm it. I saw an episode of The Doctors (with hottie young Dr. Sears:giggle) where they said that for precocious puberty the doctor can give the child a shot to delay the puberty from coming on full force. It might be something worth looking into, especially if the women in your family tend to be well endowed. Last thing you'd want is a pre-teen with the boobage of an older woman.

3rockstars 10-17-2008 07:17 AM

that SO scares me. my daughter is 8 and she's so skinny her chest is concave:giggle: I can't even imagine breasts at this age.

SarahOxley 10-17-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe (Post 5113011)
I'd suggest taking her to the pedi to confirm it. I saw an episode of The Doctors (with hottie young Dr. Sears:giggle) where they said that for precocious puberty the doctor can give the child a shot to delay the puberty from coming on full force. It might be something worth looking into, especially if the women in your family tend to be well endowed. Last thing you'd want is a pre-teen with the boobage of an older woman.

This may be an option but I would NEVER give my daughter a shot to stop or even slow down puberty. It's all a part of life! I know you don't want her to grow up and be your baby forever but this is just the way it is. I'm hoping to have a girl the next time we get pregnant and if my pedi tried to tell me to do this I would so be finding a different doc. I've also heard that the show "The Doctors" is more about the money then anything. I wouldn't know cause I don't watch it. But yeah anyways. I would not feel right giving my daughter a shot to stop the normal things. What if there are really bad side effects, like never going into puberty cause of it????

wildeyes 10-17-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe (Post 5113011)

well, some of us are well endowed, and some arent, plus her father was adopted, so we dont really know on that side. but i wouldnt give her a shot, i'm just freaking. i thought i had a few more years... i was in the fourth grade before i started developing, and in the 7th before i actually met af. so it was a bit of a surprise to see her at almost 7. eek. i understand that she is on the young range of normal tho... she is going to the dr next week anyway, i'll just make mention of it, maybe they will want to see. :cry:

sourpatch_babe 10-17-2008 07:30 AM

It was actually the only time I saw it (accidentally programmed it to record, thanks to my "helpers"). But in the show they were explaining (I think the shots were Lupron?) how they suppressed it for only 28 days (which is why they had to be given monthly). They were explaining how going into puberty at an early age could bring in menopause before time. They had a girl on who started puberty at age two who if not for the shots whould enter menopause around age 17 which would make her infertile by the time she was ready to have children. They said that all the children that do end up getting the shots (boys and girls), they get them monthly until they turn 11 and then let nature take it's course.

Jenney17 10-17-2008 07:36 AM

I wouldn't worry just yet Mama. My DD is 10 and has "little boobers" :giggle: as Dh calls them. Her bras still have no cup size. She had bumps like this at you DD's age then nothing else for at least 2 years.

wildeyes 10-17-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenney17 (Post 5113210)
I wouldn't worry just yet Mama. My DD is 10 and has "little boobers" :giggle: as Dh calls them. Her bras still have no cup size. She had bumps like this at you DD's age then nothing else for at least 2 years.

ohhh thank goodness. that makes me feel better! i was just in shock this morning. and her nips were hard.. (maybe b/c it was chilly in the house) i dont remember when that stuff starting happening to me, i just remember being in 4th grade, and omg it was itchy!! lol. i hope it doesnt progress for a few more years. mommy is not ready!! lol

tinyblackdot 10-17-2008 10:26 AM

um...i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my little sister started her AF when she was 8.

(which in retrospect that means that she started her AF before i did, and we are 5 years apart!)