Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   anybody else (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5815)

hungrytree 05-13-2006 10:22 PM

anybody else

having trouble sleeping?
I am having the hardest time sleeping lately. I'm not uncomfortable and not worried about anything and the baby is not moving too much, I just can't fall asleep. When I do I have horrible dreams :yuck:
I should have taken something to help me, but I felt so tired I was sure I would be able to sleep. :banghead:

Kimmomy2dom 05-13-2006 10:54 PM

Re: anybody else

Would tea help at all? LOL I only had a couple sleepless nights when pg with Dominic and I think for this pregnancy I'm going to have a hard time NOT falling asleep. I've passed out on the couch now about 3 times in the past 24 hours, LOL. Sorry I'm not much help...

Emma 05-14-2006 07:00 AM

I can empathize with you! I've been having problems sleeping as well. I'm not necessarily uncomfortable, but I wake up several times during the night and have a hard time falling back asleep. I don't think it's b/c DH is gone for 5 wks, but that might be a factor. If this keeps up, I might get something lavendar to put next to my head at night. The last time I had problems sleeping, I got a bar of lavendar soap from Trader Joe's and sniffed that puppy all night long. It definitely helped. Maybe that would work for you?

hungrytree 05-15-2006 06:14 AM

That's a great idea! Thanks! :goodvibes:

hungrytree 05-15-2006 06:15 AM

I have been gonig through phases, sometimes I am so sleepy I throw up :headscratch:
Yeah doesn't make sense to me either, sometimes I just can't sleep. I guess it evens out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmomy2dom
Would tea help at all? LOL I only had a couple sleepless nights when pg with Dominic and I think for this pregnancy I'm going to have a hard time NOT falling asleep. I've passed out on the couch now about 3 times in the past 24 hours, LOL. Sorry I'm not much help...

SarieQ 05-15-2006 07:35 AM

I am at 28 weeks and have been having the same problems for awhile. Trouble falling asleep, trouble getting back to sleep after using the restroom/helping my daughter, bad bad dreams. I have found that taking one or two Tylenol PM before bed helps tremendously, at least with the staying asleep part. As for the dreams...I'd love to get rid of those. I was attacked by women turn huge screeching bird monsters with sharp talons lastnight who wanted me to join them...

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 05-15-2006 07:39 AM

I can't sleep either! i am so tired though. Everytime I do fall asleep on my own DH either wakes me up or dd wakes up and needs me. Then I can't fall back asleep. I guess I am just getting prepared to be up all night with a newborn:laugh:

yellowcampcat 05-15-2006 08:07 AM

I"m having trouble, too. I am almost 25 weeks and didn't have this problem with my 1st child. :banghead: My dr. said unisom works well and is perfectly safe in pg. If my sleeplessness gets much worse, I may try it. Some nights I come in to the computer and search for diapers from 3-5am!

bethanyjoy 05-15-2006 02:30 PM

not yet...but I've BTDT during my last two pregnancies...it's hard! I find yoga really helps me if I can do it in the late afternoon or early evening. A warm bath before bed. Quiet (so quiet you can barely hear it) music playing on repeat all night (Try Pachelbel's Canon or something really mellow and repetitive)...a glass of warm milk right before bed...2-3 drops of Lavender EO on a tissue, tucked in my pillowcase.

If I find myself really restless during the night, I try and practice my deep abdominal breathing for when I'm in labour...:hugegrin: I figure might as well put the time to good use!

HTH! :hugs:

Shannon 05-15-2006 02:43 PM

I have acually had several sleepless nights. It's wierd because normally, I fall asleep in an instant and can sleep through anything. My normal naps last 3 hours or more if I take one....but now, I can't sleep longer than an hour or so for a nap, the slightest noises wake me up and I can't go back to sleep...and somenights...I just have a really hard time falling asleep...even if I am really tired. Just another part of pregnancy...LOL