Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Do You Nurse in Public? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581716)

MommaBunny 10-21-2008 11:46 AM

Do You Nurse in Public?

Just wondering who does, who doesn't, and how we all do it. I was fine NIPing my DD until recently. I get more strange looks now and don't have the chutzpah to keep doing it at her age, so I give her small amounts of solids when we're out and about.

indysteffanie 10-21-2008 11:50 AM

Re: Do You Nurse in Public?

we do.

A is 9 months and i still do it, we dont hide but im not trying to purposely flash anyone either

i always wear a tank under my regular shirt so i pull it down, regular shirt up, so nothing is exposed

im more worried about my muffin top hanging out than i am my boob

susansabrina 10-21-2008 11:55 AM

We nurse openly. I try not to call attention to what we are doing but my DS haves being covered and will make a scene. :giggle: We nursed on a hayride last week.:thumbsup:

Grrchurch03 10-21-2008 12:00 PM

I nursed dd in public until she weaned, she was 17 1/2 months old. I wore shirts that you couldn't really see anything and if she got to writhing around, I popped her off and put it away. We were pretty discrete about it, I think.

waa510 10-21-2008 12:00 PM

I voted No, but wanted to. With DD, I didn't nurse in public..ever. It's really sad actually b/c I was really insecure about my nursing and was sooo worried about someone coming up to me and making a scene. I just didn't want to deal with someone flipping out about me and my boobs. I also look very young (I'm talking recent high school grad even though I'm a college-educated 23 yr old) and the area I lived in until DD was about 8-9 months old was very ANTI-bfing..especially NIP. I also had a very sensitive letdown in that I'd have to do lots of deep breathing, need to be in a quiet dim room, and couldn't have a lot of noise or chaos going on around me if I wanted my milk to letdown. I sometimes had to close my eyes and picture relaxing scenes, like the beach, to get it to come down. :blush:

I would love to NIP this time around, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I may have to get over my fear of confrontation, and the letdown issue though..otherwise I'll have to drag DD1 to the bathroom or car with me when DD2 needs to eat..that's gonna get old fast!!

reesesmom 10-21-2008 12:02 PM

No . . . but only b/c Reese is so nosey she won't finish or fully nurse. She will get going and pull off to look at the trees, people, or lights!!! Then I just leak everywhere and she isn't full.

I can still do it well in the car . . . which I am fine w/ :) Or if at a store . . . I use the dressing rooms.

jeromn123 10-21-2008 12:03 PM

I could never do it- when I'm nursing, my rack gets HUGE and I can't find a nursing bra to fit. :cry:. So I would basically have to take everything off to nurse. Cant do that in public!!! :roflmbo:

Psychomom 10-21-2008 12:05 PM

I weaned my boys--ages 3.5 and 2 years old--just last month, but when we did nurse, I nursed anywhere and everywhere (even sitting in the front row at church) until they were about 15 months old. I didn't purposely cover myself with a blanket or a nursing cover, but I always felt like I was being discreet.

ChicanaCoqueta 10-21-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indysteffanie (Post 5153136)
we do.

A is 9 months and i still do it, we dont hide but im not trying to purposely flash anyone either

i always wear a tank under my regular shirt so i pull it down, regular shirt up, so nothing is exposed

muffin top, ha ha, ditto, except I think mine's more like a 4x4 offroading tire
and my son's only ~5 mos., but I'll keep doing it when he's older, just TRY to tell me something negative about it... LOL

BC Mom 10-21-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indysteffanie (Post 5153136)
we do.

This is me exactly except my baby is over 11 mosnths old. :goodvibes: