Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Newborn Diaper Chatter (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   What do you wish you knew then? CDing a newborn *update post #269* (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581835)

Maddie&Jake'sMom 10-21-2008 01:17 PM

What do you wish you knew then? CDing a newborn *update post #269*

Curious as to what the answers are here.

With DS's arrival only 7 weeks away, I am curious as to what you know now that you wish you knew back when you started.

We didn't CD Maddie until she was a year old, so this is a whole new ballgame for us. :goodvibes:

blessed-with-three 10-21-2008 01:22 PM

Re: What do you wish you knew then? CDing a newborn

I would say that I wish I knew to use a diaper liner, even a cheap prefold until the dark meconium poo went away..... (Something you won't mind if it stains.)

Maddie&Jake'sMom 10-21-2008 01:23 PM

Does sunning get meconium poop stains out of PFs? :giggle:

foodie.yarnie.mommie. 10-21-2008 01:25 PM

I was in the same situation, didn't start CDing DD until she was around a year old and then DS came along and I was so excited to CD a newborn. If I could go back and do my stash, I would have all fitteds and prefolds. Mutts, SKCs and small KHWs. Plus a lot more wool. I was afraid of EBF blow outs so didn't get much wool, but everything has worked so well that I am really sad now that I didn't. I have a dozen pocket/AIOs that are only used last in rotation because they just aren't as great as my fitteds or pf's even, they are super cute because they seem so tiny though.

sourpatch_babe 10-21-2008 01:27 PM

I wish I knew about bamboo prefolds. Especifically about tushie ties bamboo is soo soft and yummy. Oh, and I wish that I'd had the forethought to stick a liner in each diaper before the baby came. That way I would've had it right there from the get go for those first few tiredsome days and not worry about the meconium poop.

blessed-with-three 10-21-2008 01:29 PM

no.... I never had luck getting the stains out. I used prefolds and cover with my first DS and I found FB's when my second/thrid DS's were born.

greenMImama 10-21-2008 01:31 PM

The only Meconium poo my LO had wa in the hospital so that wasn't near as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I wish I would have known how easy and great PFs are. I am already planning my next stash when we get another newborn, mostly PFs Angeldary covers and a few pockets, a couple pieces of wool nothing overboard since they are in that size for all of 2-7 weeks.

YiddoBug 10-21-2008 01:33 PM

I didn't have meconium stains, but I do primarily use prefolds, so it wouldn't have mattered much.

There wasn't much I was that surprised about with CDing a newborn. We went through 18 diapers for him on some days. Some days my 21-month old goes through 10 or 12, still.

Everything's bulky on a newborn and they are so squirmy. I don't really like snaps.

I'm surprised that I have a pretty heavy wetter. I thought he wouldn't go much at a time until he was older, but no, it looks like I have another challenging pee'er. :giggle:

blessed-with-three 10-21-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenMImama (Post 5154637)
The only Meconium poo my LO had wa in the hospital so that wasn't near as bad as I thought it was going to be.

That's a good point I have my LO's at home... I guess I didn't think about the first days at the hospital.:goodvibes: It should be gone by the time you come home. :giggle:

I Smile Because Of Them 10-21-2008 01:40 PM

I thought meconium doesn't stain. :nervous:

:popcorn: