Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   leaking??? lol (way TMI) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5819)

Trishalynn 05-13-2006 10:35 PM

leaking??? lol (way TMI)

so I know I've definately lost my mucus plug now, and I seem to be leaking down there? not lots but kind of mucussy stuff, but not blood streaked so I don't know what that means? I can barely walk cause all the sudden both my legs feel like I pulled muscles in the top part by the hips. So is this a sign of labour at all? I've never gone in naturally before so I don't know? thanks for the help!!

Kimmomy2dom 05-13-2006 10:53 PM

Re: leaking??? lol (way TMI)

Not leaking fluid, right?! LOL don't scare me like that. If you think you're leaking fluid go to the hospital, LOL. Uhhhh... too bad that happened on a weekend, LOL. Or is there a doc or midwife you can call and ask? I never had that...
Sounds like maybe the baby has descended further down to me (pulled muscle, etc.). If things keep going or you feel funky or start having contractions, then start paying closer attention. For now if you don't think you're leaking fluid, then just take it easy.

bethanyjoy 05-14-2006 08:40 AM

Amniotic fluid is more like water than mucous; but I'd take the increased cervical fluid as a positive sign that there's action going on below! I agree, pay attention if you start having contractions, etc. For now, I'd try and do as much normal activity as you can, and get some rest...keep eating/drinking...you want to be in prime shape for labour, whenever it shows up!

GL!! I can hardly wait for this baby to come! LOL

zonapellucida 05-14-2006 11:00 AM

I would agree that toward the end the "discharge" seems to increase and it soundslike baby has engaged. GL and happy labor vibes!!!

Trishalynn 05-14-2006 11:39 AM

Thanks, I'm pretty sure its not amniotic fluid, contractions just keep coming and going though lol. nothing consistant! would be nice if I just went into labour monday late night so I could go have the baby at the hospital tuesday morning without being induced lol. hopefully this baby will cooperate though lol.

bethanyjoy 05-14-2006 03:47 PM

If you want to nudge things along...;) LOL

DTD with DH is a great trigger if your body is ready...nipple stimulation manually or with a breastpump (15 min per side, alternate, for an hour, a couple times a day), and I've heard Clary Sage EO in a vapourizer, haven't tried that last one yet but plan to...sometimes walking, squats, etc can help start things up...

GL!!! Sending you natural labour vibes!!! :goodvibes: :goodvibes: