Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community -

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - (
-   In The Kitchen (
-   -   What salad goes with Lasagna (

babydirtybike 11-02-2006 02:56 PM

What salad goes with Lasagna
I am going to a friends this weekend and bringing the salad.

Typically I make greek salad or mandarin/almond one, but what typically goes with lasagna? I hate caesar so that's out. I have recipe for a proscuitto and carmalized pear one, but that seems a bit decadent since lasagna is kind of a rich dish anyhow.

Whatta ya think just garden?

AngelMommy 11-02-2006 03:20 PM

Re: What salad goes with Lasagna
tomato, basil, and motzerella? LOL

Simple romaine with tomatoes, black olives, and feta with an italian dressing/red wine and vinegar would go nicely! Tossing in almond slivers and craisins adds some nice texture and flavor! ;)

beenwaitingalongtime 11-02-2006 04:26 PM

tomato, basil, and motzerella? LOL
We always have that caprese salad with italian. The restaurant serves it, why not?

If you'll feel OD'd on cheese and tomato, why not a regular salad chock full of veggies? My favorite is romaine, broccoli, green olives, artichoke hearts, red peppers, cucumbers...just a ton of veggies to balance out all the cheese and carbs.

TwinKristi 11-02-2006 04:31 PM

What about a regular garden salad?? You can jazz it up with some colored bell peppers, cheese cubes, carrots, corn, beans, bacon, hard boiled eggs, etc. I've also had a casear with 1/2 cherry tomatoes and cheese tortellini thrown on at the end with the dressing!

Good luck!!

babyroosboutique 11-02-2006 05:05 PM

I always make a simple garden salad, romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, and whatever else tickles your fancy, with olive oil and red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper. Simple but Scrumptious!!!!!!!!!!!!

babydirtybike 11-02-2006 10:37 PM

thannks gals:thumbsup: i will be using a blend of all ypur ideas. sorry nak