Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Make them stop!!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58586)

GrowingUpMad 11-02-2006 05:22 PM

Make them stop!!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

My dh keeps trying to give the baby a "taste" of this and that. Yesterday is was chocolate frosting, today it was soup broth. Now why is that necessary!?! She is only 2 months old and is perfectly content with her boobie juice :giggle: We go to my mom's last night and she starts saying that if I give her cereal her colic will go away. Of course dh was pleased to hear this. I then inform my mom that the reason every child of hers has allergies is most likely from giving foods too early. I told them that for New Years she can have a touch of baby cereal but not a day sooner. Why must everyone rush it?

zionnecherub 11-02-2006 05:26 PM

Re: Make them stop!!!!

My step grandmother - in law tried to give my dd candy corn at 6 months.:eek:

janendragon 11-02-2006 05:27 PM

ARGH! i hated that........it will get worse with the holidays :(

ds is 12mths and today we gave him his FIRST taste of ice cream.... he hated it :D

offlikeapromdress 11-02-2006 05:29 PM

my husband does the same thing. Aidan is barely 3 mos old and he has already given him strawberry icecream. Our family has a strawberry allergy and he just does it anyway.

janendragon 11-02-2006 05:32 PM

although, if my dh did it, i would kill him.......he knew from early on, nothing will pass his lips except bm unless i do it!

urchin_grey 11-02-2006 06:18 PM

Ugh. I hate that. We went to the mall with DH's dad and step-mom once when Bram was like 2 months old and I don't know what in the WORLD possesed me to leave them alone with him for even a second.... but DH and I left them in the food court for like 5 minutes and when we came back his step-mom was feeding him some of her ICE CREAM CONE. Not only was she feeding my 2 month old DAIRY but she had already licked all over it and I barely know them (they just don't care to see us much) and like I really care for my infant to swap spit with her. :yuck:

masonite 11-02-2006 06:34 PM

:banghead: That is one of those things that DRIVES me nuts! Most of my SIL's do it with their own kids. I've become the ***** (well, for more than just this), but because I don't allow it. Our parenting styles are a lot different. I'm not going to judge them for doing it to their own child, but PLEASE don't do it to mine!!

(Especially because my ds has SO many allergies---they just don't know what is in everything like I do!)

janendragon 11-02-2006 06:36 PM

i'm like you annalee, i flat out didnt let my FIL do it, and still wont. thankfully noone else tryed.

sarahannecloud9 11-02-2006 06:37 PM

AHHHHH, From like 4 mts old my inlaws were trying to give Cayden sips of pepsi, tea, candy, ect! I had so many fights with them over it!!! My God, It has gotten so bad. Donuts and cheese puffs, instant everything!!! Am I the only one with common sence enough to see a child has no need for this crap. This is why kids have allergies, cancer, disease, diabetes, ect. So many preservitives. Diet soda she says, that's worse! Let's start him out early on his way to cancer! I just wanted to keep him a booby boy as long as poss but it was down hill from there. I feal you'r pain mommas!

Nicolechan 11-04-2006 04:37 AM

Geez.. what sucks is, it's all unhealthy crap that they are trying to get poor infants to taste. I think it is more of an adult curiosity to see what the kids reaction will be. It's obviously not common sense, if they had it regarding food introduction, they wouldn't be doing it.

I chewed my mom out for trying to give my son a bottle of water at 2 mo. old. She kept asking me why and I simply told her, "Because I am the mom, my rules, my way." She wanted proof as to why water was bad. Sheesh, made me scan my brain about all the articles I read on water given to infants.

Why can't people just respect our rules? Why do they have to be selfish and test the kids to see what will happen. What would they do if something bad happened w/ an "innocent" taste? I sure know what I would do, beat the crap outta them (kidding) LOL!!!!