Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What do you think of these names???? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585893)

alnoodle 10-25-2008 09:31 PM

What do you think of these names????

Ok... we aren't sure yet what we are having... but I need some opinions here! Our daughter's name is Brooke Lee. Lee after her father and Brooke because he insisted she be named Brooke. LOL. Since her name is a nature name... I want a nature name if I have a girl. ANyway... tell me what you think of the names we've come up with. Are they total torchure?

Girl:
Daisy Lynn

Boy:
Sawyer Keith
Sawyer Robbie (or vairiant of Robert)

My husband insists that if we have a boy we name him Sawyer... I hate it... but he wont' change his mind. So when my kid comes home crying because someone called him soy sauce.. I guess he can blame his daddy. :)

rlr10200 10-26-2008 07:59 AM

Re: What do you think of these names????

Daisy is an adorable name. Sawyer makes me think of Tom Sawyer but its definitely cute. But if you dont like it, maybe you should really discuss it becasue you dont want to regret anything. Check out the other thread about name regrets...food for thought, maybe!!

michiko 10-26-2008 11:08 AM

I'm not too keen on Daisy, but I love the name Sawyer.

Lovemy4guys 10-26-2008 11:33 AM

For me, Daisy is just kind of "ehh", but I love Sawyer. . .maybe 'cause I'm such a "Lost" junkie. :giggle: Just remember that no matter what their name is, kids will ALWAYS find a way to make fun of it. As long as you like it, and you teach them to be proud of their name, they'll be fine. :2cents: Congrats on the LO on the way!

huntingflower 10-26-2008 11:33 AM

I like Sawyer but I honestly do not like Daisy. I can't picture a grown woman named Daisy unless I am picturing Daisy Duke.

But then again these are your children. Lots of people didn't like names I had chosen :) If you truly hate Sawyer then you and hubby need to have a talk and come up with an alternative. IMO parents should both love the name they are going to use for their children.

peaches330 10-26-2008 11:42 AM

Honestly I'm not crazy about either. lol. Daisy seems sweet as a little girls name, but I don't know about as a grown up name. And I know a little girl named Sawyer so it's hard for me to imagine it as a boys name. Plus it reminds me of Tom Sawyer.....

gypsy54 10-26-2008 11:57 AM

not keen on Daisy, so many other cute nature names. Sawyer could work if you both liked it, if you dont pick out a few you really like and say "may we please try and negotiate because I really do not care for that name". He should at least take a look at what you like. :goodvibes:

JustAugust 10-26-2008 11:59 AM

If you hate a name you shouldn't use it, despite what he wants. I like Sawyer well enough. What about Sawyer for a girl?

titania 10-26-2008 02:21 PM

i love sawyer. daisy, not so much. but of course, we are not the ones who count in this decision. :thumbsup: good luck. we have not picked out ANY names, and this kid is due in 5 weeks! :lostit:

alnoodle 10-26-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovemy4guys (Post 5203581)
For me, Daisy is just kind of "ehh", but I love Sawyer. . .maybe 'cause I'm such a "Lost" junkie. :giggle: Just remember that no matter what their name is, kids will ALWAYS find a way to make fun of it. As long as you like it, and you teach them to be proud of their name, they'll be fine. :2cents: Congrats on the LO on the way!

LOL my hubby is a lost Junkie too.. that's where the name came from.