Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone have a !gasp! nanny? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586540)

Veganmama 10-26-2008 09:37 PM

Anyone have a !gasp! nanny?

I am so jealous if you do! Please tell me what it's like!

farmfresh 10-26-2008 10:25 PM

Re: Anyone have a !gasp! nanny?

ha-ha, funny. about the closest i can come to a nanny is my neighbor who will watch my dd while i mow the yard. by the time i pay her and put gas in the mower, i could probably have paid to have someone else to just mow the yard. but i like the time alone, so i guess its my excuse.

Bee Green Naturals 10-26-2008 10:31 PM

Well I don't have a nanny I pay but my mother is here daily to help me out since work has become so busy. She carpools for me, watches my LO's while I shower and work off and on throughout the day. It's not a consistent thing but I always know she is here if I need her which is a nice feeling to have. And she lives so close that it's easy for her too.
When I try to tell her to stay home she actually gets upset sometimes which is kinda funny.

Veganmama 10-26-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmfresh (Post 5207946)
ha-ha, funny. about the closest i can come to a nanny is my neighbor who will watch my dd while i mow the yard. by the time i pay her and put gas in the mower, i could probably have paid to have someone else to just mow the yard. but i like the time alone, so i guess its my excuse.

LOL! :roflmbo: I secretly love when dh takes the kids out so I can clean the house! Yay, peace!

Veganmama 10-26-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew Crafty Baby (Post 5207993)
Well I don't have a nanny I pay but my mother is here daily to help me out since work has become so busy. She carpools for me, watches my LO's while I shower and work off and on throughout the day. It's not a consistent thing but I always know she is here if I need her which is a nice feeling to have. And she lives so close that it's easy for her too.
When I try to tell her to stay home she actually gets upset sometimes which is kinda funny.

That is so sweet! What a blessing to have her around. My mom is a workaholic. argh!

swismiself 10-27-2008 12:07 AM

I don't have a nanny but one of my friends had one growing up. She was always so nice to us! Of course my memories of what that was like were from a 6th grade perspective, but I do know that she had her time off, but that she lived in the same house, and had her own room and bathroom. She also followed them around through a couple of states, too.

starbuckmom 10-27-2008 06:33 AM

I don't have a nanny, but I was one for close to 10 years! It's not all that it's cracked up to be tho. It depends on the family and the relationship between said family and nanny. If you choose to have one, make sure they live out of your house. Much, much better IMO.
That being said, I do like when our neighbor girl comes and plays with my ds. She is 10 years old and likes to come and play with ds in the afternoons right about the time I am starting supper. So nice! He gets to play with someone and I get the peace. I do love to here him giggle as they play! Her mom did say that I could ask her to come and play with ds anytime I needed her. I might take her up on that in the next month or so. I love my neighbors!

SubliminalDarkness 10-27-2008 06:39 AM

Haven't had one, but I was one!

amyruth 10-27-2008 06:39 AM

I need one now that my sewing is picking up, at least a few days a week. But no way we could afford it right now.

Bellamoon 10-27-2008 07:58 AM

i guess you could call my baby sitter a nanny. she comes three days a week for 4 hours while i work on my online class...then next month i start working and she will be here slightly more hours. She is great, the kids love her too!