Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Strange Face in Ultrasound? deformed? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587449)

kedmac 10-27-2008 11:39 PM

Strange Face in Ultrasound? deformed?

Okay, Im assuming the ultrasound tech would have said something, gotten a doctor or looked more closely if this was the case, but I had an ultrasound today (32 weeks - to check the placenta location) and she got a photo of my dd's face. I swear the nose and lips look like she has a cleft palate. Perhaps its a depth thing, but in the photos I see an eye, clear as day, her chin and the nose / mouth region was all screwed up. I was too embarassed to ask, but now Im freaking out. She would have said something, right :headscratch:

momofkali 10-27-2008 11:41 PM

Re: Strange Face in Ultrasound? deformed?

Not necessarily but when I had my ultrasound at 24 weeks (it was 3d) my son looked like an alien, he had a huge head, a monstrous nose and you could practically see his ribs as if he were a skeleton.

Her poor little face could also just be smushed up against the side of your uterus, think of how that would look, LOL

hippydippymama 10-27-2008 11:43 PM

Was it the 4D ultrasound or the regular one? I know when I had some 4D shots taken during my 20 week scan, DS2 looked really freaky. I didn't even show them to anyone because I didn't want people to think he was deformed! DS1 looked pretty weird in his ultrasound pics too. I think most babies do. The lab tech would definitely have said something if there was cleft palate, it's one of the things they screen for.

ericsgirl 10-27-2008 11:44 PM

I don't know, but those ultrasounds can look pretty strange. Our doc kept joking about our sons huge "schnoz" and asking where he got it from. I was paranoid until he was born and I realized he looked NOTHING like the ultrasound and has a SMALL nose. It was one of those 4D ones...I think they make most babies look freaky...

kedmac 10-27-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippydippymama (Post 5218420)
Was it the 4D ultrasound or the regular one? I know when I had some 4D shots taken during my 20 week scan, DS2 looked really freaky. I didn't even show them to anyone because I didn't want people to think he was deformed! DS1 looked pretty weird in his ultrasound pics too. I think most babies do. The lab tech would definitely have said something if there was cleft palate, it's one of the things they screen for.

no it was the regular one. Humm

teeniebeenie6 10-28-2008 08:50 AM

I wouldn't worry about it, I have some ultrasound pictures from both my girls that look like aliens. They are not accurate pictures, especially the regular ones.

princesslilahsmom 10-28-2008 01:14 PM

just a heads up- here in CA an u/s tech is not allowed to say anything to you about what they see- they just make the report and send it to the dr who gives you the results. I've never had an u/s that late in pg so i have no idea what they should look like.

mycdsqueaker 10-28-2008 01:18 PM

in most places mama the techs are not allowed to say anything other than if you want to know the sex of the baby. If you are that concerned I would call your OB's office

MyLil'Mountaineers 10-28-2008 01:41 PM

I always see "ghosts" in my u/s pics. Now, they're obviously not ghosts but it's just all the weird stuff floating around in there.

I had an u/s last week (at 32 weeks and a few days) and I thought her face looked a little weird. I asked the dr about it today at my appointment and he said that at this stage, everything's a little smushed in there. If you're worried, give you dr a call but I'm sure everything's ok!!

Jenney17 10-28-2008 01:46 PM

One of my twins looked exactly like a puppy at my 20wk us. :giggle:
Turned out he did have a slightly turned up nose. I think the US exaggerates some things.:giggle2: