Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northeast (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Any NYC mamas out there? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589808)

ruth1979 10-30-2008 03:48 PM

Any NYC mamas out there?

I am a new mum in NYC...Brooklyn. Are there any other cloth diaper loving mums in NYC?

betsydenny 11-11-2008 06:40 PM

Re: Any NYC mamas out there?

I'm in Manhattan on the UWS. CD'ing my now 13 mo old. She has been in cloth just about a year now! yay!
PM me if you want to talk more bc I don't check back all that often.
Cheers!
Betsy

physmom 03-12-2009 06:49 AM

Hi! I'm just starting this all and I'm from the UWS. You don't by any chance know of any good CD stores in NYC or nearby, do you?

rayna'smama 03-13-2009 11:01 AM

Hi im in Howard Beach ( queens ) but i lived in brooklyn my whole life. I know theres a store down by court street in brooklyn that carries BG's . I also found a place on park ave ( metro mini's) that carries lovey bums.

physmom 03-24-2009 07:16 AM

Thank you so much for that suggestino about Metro Mini's!! I was just looking at the store's website and I have a feeling, I'd really like to visit it. I'm definitely going to have to check it out.

StochasticBlue 04-03-2011 08:50 AM

I see the last response to this thread is 2 years old. Anyone out there right now who lives in NYC and is using cloth diapers? I'm in Manhattan, in the UWS. I'm just getting back into cloth diapering (had previously CDed my now-4 1/2 yo DS), but this is my first time with NYC water and a small, stackable washer and dryer, and would love to talk about water, detergents, and strategies.

Clavdia_Chauchat 06-18-2011 04:01 PM

Hi. I live in Brooklyn.

And yes!! NYC moms: let's talk apartment CDing if anyone's out there. I just started (used disposables with DS) and I'm having a terrible time with this whole detergent blah blah blah. Making myself nuts.

mommabot 07-04-2011 08:17 AM

Hello fellow NYC mamas! :)

I'm also in Brooklyn with 8 month old DS in cloth full time. Took me quite a while to get it down but everything runs smoothly now! In our old apt, we had a ventless washer/dryer combo that would take wayyy too long to dry. We ended up using DiaperKind prefold service until we moved into an apartment with a regular washer and dryer. It's nearly impossible to CD in the city without a decent washer/dryer. Now we wash the diapers on one cold cycle with no detergent, then one hot cycle with 1 pump of Charlie's Soap, then pop them in the dryer! Works for us. :) Anyone know of a cloth diaper store in NYC? We use mainly BottomBumpers during the day and Imse Vimse AIOs at night. Looking to buy a few more!

GreysBumatomy 07-23-2011 08:43 PM

AWW i just moved from the UWS to NJ :( I miss the old neighborhood!

guinguin 08-30-2011 11:11 AM

Hi - I'm a brooklyn mama with a 3 month old. He's rapidly outgrowing his first set of prefolds and covers!