Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   First pp period (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59788)

heamae 11-06-2006 01:09 PM

First pp period

With my first I got my period back at 3mo pp. My new babe is 6 weeks and I started bleeding today. She is bf on demand which is like ALL day long, we co-sleep so she can nurse on demand but usually goes about 5 hours after we finally lay down to bed. Last night she may have gone 6 or 7 hours but I cant remember if she woke up and nursed before 6am. I stoped bleeding from having her about two weeks ago. I havent started any BC or any other meds. Is my period really back already. My first is still nursing so if YDD isnt nursing ODD is. I really am nursing ALL day. I cant believe my period is back already. I am thinking of calling the doc to ask. Why cant I be one you that doesnt get a period for like 6mo or longer.

Fither 11-06-2006 01:49 PM

Re: First pp period

i'd be shocked if it's actually your period. i'm guessing it's just more PP bleeding. i had a random re-occurrence of PP bleeding at nine week PP with my son. i thought it was my period and i was devastated! but it only lasted for a day or so, and i just got my first real period at almost nine months PP.

considering that you are quite literally nursing all day, i think it's highly unlikely that your hormone levels could actually trigger your cycle to return.

good luck mama, i'm sure it's the last thing you want to deal with right now!

MamaMel 11-06-2006 08:47 PM

I read somewhere that its common for women to get heavy PP bleeding around 6 weeks. Its like the end ya know? I wouldn't call it your period. I had it too at 6 weeks and I haven't bled since then

somersocial 11-06-2006 09:19 PM

I got the 6 week pp bleed and my first pp period 4 weeks later (10 weeks)with BOTH of my girls - both EFB! :headscratch: :cry: **sigh**

So I would say it could be - but man, you are doing double duty!

heamae 11-06-2006 10:02 PM

Well I dont know what it was. It wasnt heavy or anything, only saw it when I wiped so I dont know!! I hope it was just a little extra from having the baby. I was soooo hoping nursing both would keep af away for a while!!

Kimmomy2dom 11-06-2006 10:32 PM

Some people just have a little bout of bleeding around then. I had some spotting starting at 7 weeks, but it was my BCP and I stopped. And I'm EBF two kiddos, too. I haven't had any spotting since I stopped my BC, but I do think it was heavier around that time period, KWIM? You may never have any bleeding again for awhile, or it really could be a period. No period vibes coming your way. :D

EmnJJsMom 11-06-2006 10:49 PM

With BOTH my girls I stopped bleeding and then started again for a short time. With ODD I stopped around 2 1/2 weeks...then started again around 3 1/2 weeks...bled for a few more days and then didn't get my period until 6 months post.

With YDD I stopped bleeding at 3 weeks and started again at 4 weeks and stopped completely around 5 weeks...got AF at 6 months post again.

asandwick 11-07-2006 08:10 AM

I bled for 6 wks straight PP and then stopped for a few days & started back for another wk. I always thought this was my period returning...I didn't know this happens sometimes until I read this thread!
My ds & dd EBF on demand (not even a bottle)and w/ both my menstration returned 6-8 wks later & came every month!
I wanted BFD'g to keep it away ~ It just didn't for me!

Shaineinok 11-08-2006 03:50 PM

Sometimes she just arrives when you least want. Mine did about that same time with dd2 and I still was nursing my oldest dd. Weird thing was that I got it for a couple months and then didn't till she was 11months or so. So there is still hope.

rizomomof4 11-08-2006 03:52 PM

i Bf on demand to and mine came back at 8wks:banghead: