Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How many Medium Diapers to get? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5982)

Cindy 05-14-2006 10:08 PM

How many Medium Diapers to get?

Fuzzibunz.

How many will I need?

I have over 2 dozen smalls right now. About that many?

ocfb16 05-14-2006 10:10 PM

Re: How many Medium Diapers to get?

I have about 28 right now....and that gets me through about 3 days before I have wash again!

hollyhobby30 05-14-2006 10:10 PM

I wash every other day and find 18 or so are about good for me. I like to have a few extras so 2 dozen isn't way off.

jjaelovesenglish 05-14-2006 10:12 PM

You might be able to cut it down to 18 doing laundry every other day for a while and then every third day depending on how old your baby is. My dd is 7 months and I only have 10 right now, but I do laundry a little more often than I want to and I am new to the cloth diapering thing.

mommy2zander 05-14-2006 11:31 PM

We had 19 smalls & about the same number of larges when we switched at 4 mos... I now really regret getting the larges, like medium better! & find that we only need maybe 12 to wash every three days because I change ds a lot less now! He's almost 2, but have been changing him a lot less since about 15 mos when he stopped having more then one bm a day... :D but you for sure don't want to be short either! I'd figure how many you need a day & multiply that by 2.5 or 3 then you'll be able to go 2.5 to 3 days! :D Happy diaper shopping!! :D

masonite 05-15-2006 09:43 AM

I get by on less than most people I think. I originally started with 12 mediums. I think I now have 16 pocket diapers--that's been a pretty good number for us. I do laundry usually every other day, and I haven't run out yet!

Of course, my baby is older, so I don't change him as often. He's 15 months, and just barely moved into mediums. So...

I don't think 24 is too far off. But, you could get away with less for awhile, and continue to build on your stash. That's what I'm doing!

Have fun diaper shopping!:mrgreen:

z2akids 05-15-2006 09:51 AM

Yikes, I have way too many diapers. Right now I have a load sitting in one of my dryers and I'm just too lazy to take them out and fold them, but I just finished washing a load and will need the dryer for those (so, that's about 32-36 diapers in the washing process) plus I have a few in the dirties and enough for my daughter to wear all day today. lol

But, for minimums, you need 3 night diapers (one to wear, two in the wash). Then for day if you wash every other day, you need 20-24 - enough to change 8+ times a day and still have enough for baby to wear while you're doing wash and for those days when you just need more. Plus, that will allow you to have a few in a diaper bag that are designated for that. :)

Cindy 05-15-2006 10:23 AM

Thanks everyone.

I am selling my Maternity clothes on Ebay and using that money for diapers. :mrgreen:

aimeemarie 05-15-2006 12:35 PM

Lol I keep looking around the house seeing what I can sell on Ebay to buy more diapers. DH got tired of me sending packages with him to ship from work (he's a shipping manager) and told me if I'm going to keep Ebaying I am going to have to do the shipping thing myself. :) And I am.

Kelolsen-and-Padawan 05-15-2006 12:40 PM

I don't have enough yet. I have 7 bumGenius, 3 FBs, 2 fitteds and one cover - its so not enough. I can't get through two full days. I have two happy Hempies coming and three fitteds I bought off of here, and I am waiting for 4 wool soakers. I will see where I am after that. I wouldn't mind doing laundry every other day, but pretty much I have to do it daily right now to have enough to CD 24/7. If I really like using wool, I'll go w/ more of those. If I don't, I'll get more pockets.