Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My son is obsessed with Obama (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598252)

*Aimee* 11-10-2008 01:31 PM

My son is obsessed with Obama

So my 2 yr old is obsessed with Obama. I voted for Chuck Baldwin but am happy Obama won.

Today he won't quit talking about "Obmama". He wants to know if he's okay. If his face is wet, if he eats oatmeal for breakfast, if he likes cars, if he's crying. OMGosh I'm getting so sick of it!!

Hes on the cover of US weekly this week and when DS saw it he FREAKED! OBMAMA!!!!!!!

He's super patriotic :giggle2:

amyruth 11-10-2008 01:32 PM

Re: My son is obsessed with Obama

LOL That's too cute. I'm sure it will wear off soon. I wish my 3yo would just talk. He's still very limited and behind - it blows my mind when I hear about 2yo chatting away!!

*Aimee* 11-10-2008 02:03 PM

My son is pretty behind too. I don't think most other people would have understood him. It's like Obmama, cural? (that means cereal). As a matter of fact I got hurt feelings at a family get together because he was talking and my aunt (whose son is only a few months older than DS) said "um, I need a translator because I can't understand this kid at all". She's a meaner :giggle2:

lil'mommakaye 11-10-2008 02:18 PM

My sisters son is the same way, he is four. He was obsessed with the entire election! So my sister took him to vote w/ her and when they got there Owen asked " so where is Obama?" and my sister had to tell him he wasnt going to be there and that he was probly at home w/ his family. He kicked the ground and started to whine. " He should be here it is his day, its election day! I wanted to say hi" So she had him write a letter congradulating him on the election. it was soo cute. :)

danaalex 11-10-2008 03:27 PM

my kids are obsessed with him as well. i didn't vote for him either and we never spoke of either mccain or obama before the election. the first time they heard his name was on wed when i told them that barack obama won LOL. but they love to say his name and they are always telling me they are glad he won LOL.

our neighbor's children (6 yrs old) are saying very grown up things to my kids about obama and his policies and that part i am NOT a fan of.

raindrop_333 11-10-2008 03:33 PM

LOL awwww. My almost 4 year old recognizes pictures of him wherever we go and gets all excited :giggle:

lilyfish 11-10-2008 03:38 PM

I really think kids just LOVE the way the name Obama sounds. Think about it - rolls off the tongue much more easily than McCain, or Baldwin, or Nader (Barr's not so tough though). My kids are like that too. Every time my son sees a picture he goes "WOO, OBAMA!" LOL, he does that when we watch the Daily Show too -- he just expects Obama to come on.

Danaalex -- have you talked to the neighbor children, or their parents, about their behavior? :/ That is something that needs to be addressed if it's upsetting you. I mean, there's no guarantee that the behavior will stop, but maybe you could try?

*Aimee* 11-10-2008 03:47 PM

Yeah I agree that it's fun to say.

Just like "GO MEAT!" from that Hilshire farms commerical. We'd been vegetarian for almost 7 years, just started eating meat a few months ago. I used to hate it at the grocery store when he'd yell GO MEAT! :giggle2:

DS wants me to post this guy, he's crying and so sad he says :(

itsymama 11-10-2008 03:48 PM

My mom has a ring tone of my lil boy (4) saying "vote for Barack Obama" :giggle:

And every once in a while he'll be playing and I'll hear him say " I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message " :roflmbo: And he always say's "hey that's Obama !" when he sees him on TV or sees a pic of him .

He also asks about if Obama sleeps , or if Obama go's to the bathroom , or if Obama has a bipee ( what he calls his penis ) :blush: , but then he asks that about the ninja turtles too :giggle:

pumkinsmommy 11-10-2008 04:03 PM

For the past several months my 21 month old has been going around saying, "Barack O'mama--yay". It is the cutest thing.