Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Share the cute things your LO does regarding nursing! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599408)

*Katherine* 11-11-2008 05:17 PM

Share the cute things your LO does regarding nursing!

Now that Elizabeth is getting older, she is getting so cute about nursing! Yesterday, she was throwing a tantrum (her new hobby is taking things out of the garbage and I took it away from her :rolleyes: ). I walked away and sat down and she walked over to me and picked up the boppy and looked at me with a "Nurse please" look. It was too cute :wub:

Then tonight, I had finished up the dishes and sat down for our before bed nursing. I picked up my boppy and called her name and she saw it and walked over as fast as she could.

Nursing a toddler is so fun and she is just too cute :wub:

graces-mommie 11-11-2008 05:29 PM

Re: Share the cute things your LO does regarding nursing!

I remember the first time Grace was asking to switch sides...I thought she was saying "Milky outside" and I kept telling her we can't do milky outside! She was getting upset and kept repeating it until the SLOW mama finally realized it was "Milky other side!" (by the end it was "Milky other side, PEAS!" since it to me so long to figure it out!)

Oh, and a lot of "Milky, peas!"

She once told me that "Daddy don't have milky. He's a stinky man!!" :roflmbo:

Oh, and "Don't squeeze, rub nice!" (she's what DH calls, A twizzler!)

She has also been nicknamed the BOOB-ivore by DH.

I know there are more, but that's all I can come up with right now!

shelbell 11-11-2008 06:21 PM

DD is 14 months and signs for milky whenever she wants it but now she'll try to lift my shirt or stick her hand down the front of my top. I like to play with her and flash one side and then the other and tell her to pick which side she wants. She laughs and it's so cute. I love when she first latches on and makes that mmmm-mmmm sound!

HeatherlovesCDs 11-11-2008 06:44 PM

I'm nursing twins and they are really starting to get funny. Usually, they nurse at the same time. When we are in the playroom and one decides they want to nurse and crawls over, the other usually sees and gets all excited and crawls over as fast as they can. It's like they are saying, "me too, don't forget me." Lately though, their interaction while nursing is so funny. First, sometimes they fight over the same boob. One will pop off and turn to look somewhere and the other who was off but still sitting with me will lean over and do a dive bomb to latch on really fast. Then the other turns back for more and the boob has been snagged by their twin so they get this sad look. :giggle2: They also will "fight" while nursing. DD will poke DS eye and DS will bat her hand away over and over or vise versa. Or one will pull on the other's boob causing them to lose the latch. It's funny to see them react to that by grabbing the boob and getting it back in the mouth as fast as possible. It's really funny. I just laugh. :roflmbo:

redone5683 11-11-2008 08:16 PM

DD is 18 months old and she likes to pull off, and lean up for a kiss and then latch back on! It's like saying, "thanks mom!" She also will come over to me, sit in my lap and poke my boobs and say "peeas" and smile. And when I tell her no, she tries to get them out herself! She's going to me a tough one to wean!

jmasterson 11-11-2008 08:18 PM

I too am nursing twins (6 mo old) and I find it the cutest when they hold hands while nursing. :)

oliviab 11-11-2008 10:42 PM

aww I love it.Dd has been doing some cute things too and some annoying things also:giggle: She is 10m. I love it when she latches on and does the mmm sound and then she latches off with this drunk grin and pats my boob,with milk drippin outta her mouth. She now wants to nurse in all dif kinds of positions, it too cute.On her tummy or knees.And if she cant reach my nipple she tuggs till she gets it(ouch)when she wants to nurse she nummm nummms me and sticks her hands out in the air wide out and apart and shakes :giggle2: Like she is praying to the sky. She has to pinch my other nipple and rub on my other boob to fall asleep!Its a comfort thing with her.And if I cover it she tugs and pulls and has a fit ahhh motherhood:giggle:

*Katherine* 11-12-2008 05:22 AM

These are so cute!

I just thought of something else. If I try to unlatch her and she's not ready, she will bat my hand away, as if to say "Get away! I'm not done yet!" :giggle:

Mom24Babes 11-12-2008 05:31 AM

I love when they get a little older, and they know it's nummy time. They see your boob and gets this wild eyed look and make this funny ooooh oooooh sound :giggle2: Oh and mine always had their hands up in the air shaking! I can't wait until Lucas starts doing that!

life.sew.simple 11-12-2008 05:36 AM

My 2 yo calls it "beel"...don't ask me how he got that one. Right now he is being weaned so he loves to nurse when he can and at naptime he'll lay down and start giggling because he knows he's gonna get some Beel...he just giggles and giggles while I am lifting my shirt and laying down.