Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Post partum and post D&C bleeding?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60222)

nothing_butt_cloth 11-07-2006 02:22 PM

Post partum and post D&C bleeding??

I have a quesiotn for anyone that has had a D&C or second trimester delivery, or 3rd i guess too.

After i had my D&C 2 weeks ago tomorrow, for retained plactena,i just spotted lightly for about 4 days, then it all stopped. Sunday night, i had a bunch of black blood like stuff comeout. This was about 11 days post partuem and post d&C. It wasnt a ton but enough it scared me. Earlier in the day i thought iw as ovulating, since i was have sticky clear mucus and somelight cramping. Well yesterday i went to the doc for a checkup he wanted to do, before i even had the baby. He said that he thought it was like a placental scab. He did think i had a uterine infection since my uterus wsa VERY tender. and he gave me a script for augmentin to take 4 times a day. Ladt night while iw as at the pharmacy, i started to bleed heavy, I mean FILLED the pad, blood dripping down my legs. I chose to leave my meds there and go home siince i was bleeding alot. I got home and passed a fist sized clot of blood. and then the bleeding let up a minute. I was light headed so we went ot hte ER where they just gave me fluids and watched me. MY bleeding slowed down and at 5 am i got home Then after i took my dd to school at 8 it happened again. Not as bad as last night, but alot. I called my doc becuase theon call nurse and the hosptial told me to check in with them first thing. thenurse acted like i was annoying her, but my concenrs are real. I am still bleeding dark dark dark blood. and am very crampy. I called this morning early adn talked to her around 9 am, and now it is almost 130 and i still havent heard back from her. I dont know what to do. She asked me to get sposie pads and i told her no :blush: I am allergic to them and i am uncomfortable enough. I know theysay a pad an hour, but that seems off onsidering i hvent bled and i had a D&C.

anyone have ANY experience with this. I do not want another night in the ER. I am sick with a cold and a stomache thing, and i am tired. i just want to stay home or be admited if htat is needed...

TIA

~Stephanie~ 11-07-2006 02:40 PM

Re: Post partum and post D&C bleeding??

When I hemorrhaged at 14 weeks and had to have an emergency D&C, I also lost a lot of blood like you did and had to have blood transfusions.

I continued to bleed on/off/light/heavy for several weeks.

What you have been experiencing seems abnormal to me. It doesn't seem like they would want you to lose too much blood considering you just recently had to be transfused. I haven't heard of the scab before, but I guess that "could" explain the large clot. I know when I started hemorrhaging, I was passing very large clots like you are describing.

I hope that the bleeding slows down soon! Otherwise I would suggest that you go back in. It's better to be safe.

I can't believe that you are going through this after all of the heartbreak and pain that you have already had to endure. I am praying for you. :hugs:

momto4monkeys 11-07-2006 02:52 PM

GET A BETTER DR that does not sound right that happend to me after i had my first child i almost died bleeding to death had a tranfusion and they said my blood pressure was so low they did not now if i would make you gotta get that checked sounds like the D&c was not done well or something you can't keep bleeding like that I don't want to scare you but that is kinda dangerous if the blood went thru down your leg that is to much in my opinion you OB sounds like mine just can't be bothered i don't like that that is what your job is you choose to take care of women in these situiations so you better set up and do it no wonder so many are getting sued these days ugh i just get so mad it is a male or female ob seems women who have had kids of there own are a little more sympathetic. sorry i am just ranting now i feel so bad that all this is happening to you.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

nothing_butt_cloth 11-08-2006 09:16 AM

well, the bleeding stoppe again. but i dont trust it...

BUIG SHOCK the docs office NEVER called me back yesterdy.I am so golad i took my temp for them and monitored more closely the amount of blood so i coudl have more"facts" for them when they called back.

Anyway, I am gonna try to see the naturopath today and see what he says. I am so frustrated and tired of drama!!

wear_your_baby 11-10-2006 09:33 PM

I hope you don't still have retained placenta, momma. Maybe they need to do an u/s to check. That's what I had and my bleeding was similar to yours; the D&C couldn't get it all and I had to take a dose of medication to shrink it (methotrexate). Email me if you want.

nothing_butt_cloth 11-11-2006 10:53 AM

I go into the doc again on monday.
Last night at the comedy club it hppened again. Not as bad, but i filled a pad in aobut 5 min. The blood is a starnge color too. I have been on my antibiotics, and i thought it was working...SOmething is just not right....

Solast night i bled for a while, and saturated a pad, and then today nothing....

Woerd hyg?? I am 3 1/2 weeks post partum and post D&C

Blackbirdlane 11-11-2006 11:00 AM

hmm, I do remember bleeding off and on after one of mine. I don't remember if it was a delivery or a D&C though. and the color did change.

so they are saying there is nothing wrong? In my experience if you feel there is something wrong than there may be.

but what could be the problem?? :headscratch:

mom2kdmb 11-11-2006 11:02 AM

be careful

Blackbirdlane 11-11-2006 11:26 AM

I have to tell you that this sounds like a clotting problem or "issue" to me almost.

after having dd they gave me some heperin shots in my tummy cause of my clotting issues associated with the MTHFR gene mutations I had. well, I don't know if as a result this happened or not but I got a huge blood clot under my incision and about a week and a half later I had to go back into surgery and have it removed. I also passed some massive bigger than grapefruit sized clots after having her too.