Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone ready to be a grandma? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610492)

*Alabamamom* 11-25-2008 06:08 PM

Anyone ready to be a grandma?

The realization has hit me that it's quite possible I could be a grandma here soon. My oldest is 18 and is talking about marriage with her bf in June. They both want to have a baby right away, and after they finish their degrees 'have a football team' full of kids.. :giggle:

It has always has been in my mind that someday I would be a grandma and I think I will enjoy it etc. But now that the time is so near, it's just all too real! I am 36 so I am trying to talk them both into waiting to try for children after they get their degrees (and I am at least 40!!! :blush: )

What's really confusing for me is I was hoping to have a sibling for my youngest child to grow up with (he is two)... Sigh... maybe it will be my grandchild that will be close enough in age to be his playmate?

teeniebeenie6 11-25-2008 06:37 PM

Re: Anyone ready to be a grandma?

Well one plus if your DD does have children early is you could live to see your great great Grandchildren. My Great Grandma just died this year and she got to meet my older DD last year. It was really cool to see my DD with her great great Grandma. My Mom just turned 43 and she is about to have a third grandchild next month. I love that she is a young Grandma. She can really get down on the floor and play with my DD's. My MIL is older then my Mom but looks super young and people ask her all the time if my kids are hers, I think it is pretty cool.

Okmommy06 11-25-2008 09:09 PM

LOL i'm not, mainly because DS is 2, and i'm only 23, hehe. I can't wait to be a grandma though.

My mom is also a young grandma, she became a grandma at 37. She now has 5 grandchildren at 43 and were hoping to add another LO to that within the next year.

I say if your wanting another LO so your baby has a sibling go for it, even if your DD does have a LO soon, that's lots of little ones that get to play together.

crystalannski 11-25-2008 10:10 PM

I don't think so! I'm only 25 but my oldest stepson is 17 so I guess it could happen... but hopefully not too soon he's got a lot of great plans ahead for the next few years!

MomToJazmyne 11-25-2008 10:16 PM

I already am....kind of

My step-son who is 19 (I am 26) has a 1.5 year old but I have never met him but I will in March when my DSS graduates from Basic.

My DH was only 37 when he became a grandfather!

Rodeo Mama 11-26-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Alabamamom* (Post 5590217)
What's really confusing for me is I was hoping to have a sibling for my youngest child to grow up with (he is two)... Sigh... maybe it will be my grandchild that will be close enough in age to be his playmate?

DS is 3 and his uncle (DH's little brother) is 6. They are best buddies. :)

~Peach~ 11-26-2008 09:17 AM

Oh heck no! Im only 26 and my oldest is only 7 1/2 so I am hoping for at least another 10 more years before I have to worry about being a gramma. I wouldn't mind being a gramma young tho as pp said its possible I could meet my great grand kids :)

OrangeBananas 11-26-2008 03:15 PM

I'm not ready [ I am only 22 and my oldest isn't even 4 yet :giggle: ] but I do look forward to it someday! I love how you are open to them having so many kids. My parents, and his, are not so open to us having the amount we do, or more.

JeDeeLenae 11-26-2008 03:21 PM

I'm definitely not ready and have hopefully 12 yrs or more :pray: before it even becomes a possibility. But sounds like it could happen for you. I would definitely press them to get their degree first. Not for age sake, but because I know how hard it is to go to school with kids or even start and stop and start again.

Monkeytaylz 11-26-2008 03:33 PM

I became a grandma at 40. Now I have 2 granddaughters (3 yrs and 3 mos)...and my youngest 2 children are 4 & 2.....and if we get there, my next one will be born when my younger granddaughter is approx 10 mos!
My dd and I love that we are raising babes at the same time.