Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   So got the results from my bloodwork... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611)

bethanyjoy 04-23-2006 08:25 AM

So got the results from my bloodwork...

As I posted in another thread, I was at my midwife's on Thursday for my 12 week checkup; was finally able to see the results from my initial bloodwork and tested "non-immune" for rubella, chickenpox and Fifth's. :confused: How I dropped immunity for Rubella from my last pregnancy, I'm not entirely sure...anyway...

Bryan (my youngest) had some sort of "unidentified" viral illness during the past three weeks, nasty cold symptoms complete with skin rash...so I'm getting retested for Parvovirus/Fifth's Disease as that was what it possibly was...Dr. wasn't sure...

If I contracted Fifth's for the first time during pregnancy I have a 5% risk of miscarriage or the baby developing anemia. I'm trying to view it as a 95% chance everything will be fine. It was over 3 weeks ago that Bryan was sick (the rest of us had a nasty cold virus at the same time, he's the only one who got the rash) and I've had no signs at all of possible miscarriage issues; AND - I HEARD THE HEARTBEAT!! :) :) :) :) :) So I'm feeling pretty good about my odds of everything being OK.

That is, until I'm laying awake late at night and my mind starts whirring...then I panic...:rolleyes:

Just wanted to update you all...sorry so longwinded! Would appreciate any and all healthy baby vibes and prayers...should hear the results of this latest set of bloodwork in a couple weeks. (Man, I hate waiting!!!)

wbkt8 04-23-2006 08:44 AM

Re: So got the results from my bloodwork...

(hugs) hope everything is cleared up by the next blood work panel.

katie

lovemygirls 04-23-2006 09:20 AM

Bethany, I hope that everything works out for you, please keep us updated on how the bloodwork comes back!! You'll be in my thoughts/prayers!!

(((hugs)))

Shannon 04-23-2006 09:33 AM

Oh Bethany! It's gonna be fine! I'm sure....definitly 95% is a great great chance! Try and relax. Hearing the heartbeat probebly put you at more ease. Your baby will be fine! (((HUGS))))

Samantha 04-23-2006 10:16 AM

((HUGS)) Yes view it as you have a 95% chance of everything being OK!

bethanyjoy 04-23-2006 10:51 AM

I have to say hearing the heartbeat was so incredibly relieving; I was half afraid she'd go to listen and not find anything, kwim?

I almost cried I was so happy! LOL Sweetest sound ever, that's for sure.

Luvmybabies 04-23-2006 10:53 AM

Oh Bethany! Huge ((((HUGS)))) and saying lots of prayers for you and the baby.

OneFabMama 04-23-2006 11:10 AM

*Huge Hugs* And, sending LOTS of healthy pregnancy and baby vibes your way!
G;ad you got to hear the heartbeat. There is NOTHING like hearing that for the first time! :D

Dawn 04-23-2006 12:19 PM

HUGS!!! I just went through this when my 3 yr old got Fifths Disease. Everything has turned out fine for us, but I know the worry when you hear there is a possibility that something can go wrong.

I'll be thinking of you.

Jemgirl 04-23-2006 03:54 PM

::::::BIG HUG::::::
glad you heard the heartbeat for some relief
nak