Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DH IS PISSED!!!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61789)

Fuzzi Fannies Creations 11-11-2006 09:29 PM

DH IS PISSED!!!!!

He is SOOOO mad.. becuae he wants me to MAKE our newborn sleep in a crib and cry him/herself to sleep... I told him no way.. I am doing what i did with my other two kids and co-sleeping...like hes gonna get up and deal with it with my anyway.. I am alone in it!!! He just walked off pissed and slammed the door.. why do men have to be that way!!!! he is as far from AP as you can get!:banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

katzmark06 11-11-2006 09:35 PM

Re: DH IS PISSED!!!!!

Ahh, i feel you pain, thats why we have too double beds together and I get up with the baby, if it were up to him A would be in another room.... I We both had to give alittle:)

Hold your ground, yourt he momma

LuAnn 11-11-2006 09:36 PM

:hugs: im sorry but there is NO WAY over my dead body that my newborn (any child) would cry theirselves to sleep:( I hope he will come to his scense SOON.:hugs:

Fuzzi Fannies Creations 11-11-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katzmark06 (Post 445637)
Ahh, i feel you pain, thats why we have too double beds together and I get up with the baby, if it were up to him A would be in another room.... I We both had to give alittle:)

Hold your ground, yourt he momma

Thats already a given.. I got the boot with dd2 when she was born... so we already have a bed in the new babies room and I will be in there come April when baby is here... not like he will even notice either way.. he is just mad becuase he says if we do it this way now that we wont have problems later getting him/her to sleep in his/her own bed... dd2 still cries at night..and shes almost 3.. but serisouly.. does it help... do babies that always slept in thier cribs just stay in bed as toddlers???

bobandjess99 11-11-2006 09:43 PM

Perhaps you could give him some info, a description of just what CIO does to a child emotionally, the irreversible brain damage/trauma that it causes, and how it will literally cause the child emotional problems for life.....I'm assuming he's not actually an evil person, he just wants some time alone, an "easier" baby, etc, right? I'm sure if he knew how bad it really is he would be more understanding.....

nothing_butt_cloth 11-11-2006 09:43 PM

Rachele, I am so sorry he is being a big butt abouthis...
But you have to do what is right for you and the baby. While i never say that sleeping in a differnt room from yourspouse is a good diea, i think, espaiclly when they are young, you need to be there for the little3 baby, not the big one.

What about a co-sleeper?? LIke you told me, you can get the arms reach pretty cheap at consignment shop. That is what i am doing if there ever isa next time..

Hang in mama, and tell your bigchild to stop throwing tantrums. He is worse than your 3 year old with this...:hugs:

Cadensmommy 11-11-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzi Fannies Creations (Post 445642)
Thats already a given.. I got the boot with dd2 when she was born... so we already have a bed in the new babies room and I will be in there come April when baby is here... not like he will even notice either way.. he is just mad becuase he says if we do it this way now that we wont have problems later getting him/her to sleep in his/her own bed... dd2 still cries at night..and shes almost 3.. but serisouly.. does it help... do babies that always slept in thier cribs just stay in bed as toddlers???

We did cry it out but only after Caden was about 3 months old, he does sleep in his bed well and stays there he is a wonderfull sleeper, its not for everyone but it was great for us, he has no brain damege or side effects from it as you know!
ETA he slept in a bassenett next to our bed till we moved him to the crib
Clarissa

presleycaedmon 11-11-2006 10:21 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through this! My DH (who is on DS now, btw!! the_hubby) is all about co-sleeping and he wouldn't have it any other way. However, if he was acting like your DH he'd be sleeping alone!!

I've got a brand new arm's reach full size co-sleeper if you want it. I've been meaning to put it on FSOT but haven't had the energy to mess with it. I'd be willing to give it up in exchange for some of the most drooled over diapers on the internet!! *insert evil laugh* MUWAHAHAHAHAHA :giggle:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 11-11-2006 10:29 PM

i'm sorry, hope h changes his mind, daniel also wants the next baby not to co-sleep but i am not even going to discuss it because both kids have co-slept and any future ones will also

JustAugust 11-11-2006 10:36 PM

We transitioned Jackson around 4 months. That way he's used to the pack-n-play too, for nap times and things. He sleeps in the pnp all night for the most part. Though if he wants us, he's more than welcome in our bed. He just sleeps better in his. He's still in our room. Right next to me.

AP, to me, isn't just about the baby. Obviously, the baby comes first since his/her issues are needs and an adult can be put on hold. But if your DH is really against it, I'd come up with a compromise. Maybe baby in your room, but not your bed if the baby is okay with that. I just think that AP is about the family as a whole.

Now, if DH is absolutely unwilling to compromise, that's his issue. But maybe he's soften up a bit if you were willing to budge a little too? I know my husband was. :) You might have already tried that, I have no idea. Just wanted to suggest it jic.