Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Recipes using canned crecent rolls?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626856)

CrunchyMama0607 12-19-2008 11:48 AM

Recipes using canned crecent rolls??

Anything? I looked on the Pillsbury site and I'm not finding much that kids will eat :blush:

ceelynncee 12-19-2008 11:51 AM

Re: Recipes using canned crecent rolls??

My DD made cheese danish with them this week :drif: ,that's not dinner though.

jandk 12-19-2008 11:55 AM

Roll them up with cheese and pizza toppings inside and then dip them in warm pizza sauce or ranch dressing... YUMMO!!

allisonlov 12-19-2008 11:58 AM

This was going to be my suggestion too. I bought some specifically to make pizza rolls... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandk (Post 5796371)
Roll them up with cheese and pizza toppings inside and then dip them in warm pizza sauce or ranch dressing... YUMMO!!

CrunchyMama0607 12-19-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandk (Post 5796371)

I don't have any pizza sauce :( I had one opened jar in the fridge and it was..ahem....non-edible to say the least :blush:

meghann8 12-19-2008 01:12 PM

Do you have hot dogs? You could do pigs in a blanket with them.

grace_n_josie 12-19-2008 02:42 PM

Chicken pot pie? I use cresent rolls as the crust!

*Katherine* 12-19-2008 02:45 PM

TURKEY BUNDLES (4 servings – 303 calories each bundle)

1 tube of crescent rolls
pound ground turkey (or leftover turkey)
1 eight ounce package of cream cheese
1 stalk celery
1 medium onion
dill weed

Make four squares from the crescent roll package. Cook the turkey, celery and onion. Drain. When done, add cream cheese to the mix along with 1 tsp dill weed. Mix well. Divide mixture into the four squares. Wrap the sides to form bundles. Spray tops and sprinkle with more dill weed. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes

You can also use the above method and put sloppy joe meat and cheese in it.

BROCCOLI HAM RING
• 1/4 pound cooked ham, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 pound fresh broccoli, chopped
• 1 bunch fresh green onions, chopped
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
• 2 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, toss together ham, chopped broccoli, onion, parsley, and Swiss cheese. Stir in lemon juice and Dijon-style mustard.
On a 13-inch stone or baking sheet, arrange crescent triangles in a circle with bases overlapping in center and points to the outside. There should be a 3-inch diameter circle in center. Spoon the filling evenly over the crescent rolls. Fold points of triangle over filling and tuck under base at center. Filling will not be completely covered.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Serve warm.

CourtCourt 12-19-2008 05:34 PM

One of my FAVORITE breakfasts...

You need two cans of crescent rolls. Unroll the first can (so that they are flat, and still rectangular) across the bottom of a square pan. Let 'em bake for just a couple of minutes, to start getting cooked.

Take one pound of breakfast sausage and crumble it up and brown in. Then, drain REALLY well (I drain and then pat with paper towels), and stir in one block of softened cream cheese. (Hey, I didn't say it was low fat!) Once it's all mixed together, pour it into the pan on top of the bottom layer of crescent rolls. Top with the other can of crescent rolls (rectangular again), and then bake according to the directions on the can.

YUMMY.

Heather8183 12-19-2008 05:40 PM

Oh man...you probably don't have the ingredients for it all tonight but keep this in mind for another night...it's one of my FAVORITE meals!

cooked shredded chicken breast (or whatever part of the chicken you want, really)
shredded cheddar cheese
can of cream of chicken soup
cup of milk
crescent rolls

Roll the chicken into the crescent rolls. Mix cream of chicken soup and milk, pour over crescent rolls in baking dish. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 or so until crescent rolls are done. You can serve it with green beans and mashed potatoes or eat it alone. Sometimes I mix some more cheese in with the soup and milk too...and use that as gravy over the mashed potatoes...it's just SO good!!! :drif: