Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   HCG Levels a 6?!!!?!!! (updated-totally prego. #3 here we come!) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628899)

ellemenopee 12-23-2008 12:20 PM

HCG Levels a 6?!!!?!!! (updated-totally prego. #3 here we come!)

I had a blood test done yesterday to see if I'm prego because I wanted to see if I could know before Christmas. I'm due to get "Rosy" Saturday and we were TCC the weekend before last. The blood test was done yesterday and the doc called today to say that my levels were there but low, at a 6, which shows a really early pregnancy (which is what I was thinking might happen) or one on the way out. He said not to get too excited but that I am pregnant. What do you think? Do I tell hubby? Tonight or on Christmas morning with my mom and grandmother there? Any thoughts? Anyone know much about HCG levels? I've had 2 successful pregnancies and have (by the grace of God) not had a miscarriage before.

todzwife 12-23-2008 12:24 PM

Re: HCG Levels a 6?!!!?!!!

If you're not due to start until Saturday I think that a 6 is pretty darn good. Really, it sounds like a very early pregnancy to me. I'm not a doctor though so don't take this as gospel:giggle2:

ellemenopee 12-23-2008 12:35 PM

http://www.baby2see.com/preconception/hcg.html
This made me feel lots better!
:lostit: :yay: :cheer:

tarah1218 12-23-2008 12:46 PM

if your levels are 6 today and they double every 24 hrs you will have about 18 on christmas and it should show on a sensitive test right? Maybe test on christmas morning and if its pos. hand it to DH with a bow on it and if not just let him know what the doc said?

mommyof2wildboys 12-23-2008 01:04 PM

With DS#2, I had a crazy patient tell me I was pregnant and I hadn't missed my period yet. I took one of the pee tests that we used in the office and it came back very very faint. I then went and had my blood drawn and my HCG came back at 6. I was told that with a level that low it could go either way. Really with levels that low they were really suprised that it showed up when I POAS. I had my blood drawn the next day(didn't want to wait the 48hrs) and my level had gone way up.

I would either POAS and see if you can get a faint positive or see if you can get your blood drawn again either today or tomorrow.

asteiner18 12-23-2008 01:09 PM

wow i hope congrats for you!!

akrancher 12-23-2008 02:31 PM

I would go get blood drawn again before spilling the beans to relatives. I would absolutely tell DH what is going on immediately -Christmas or no Christmas.
Hope you get good news

kalamos23 12-23-2008 04:08 PM

I would test - sounds like you just caught it REALLY early - give DH the pos. test and surprise the heck out of him! Congratulations!!!!

cakeums 12-23-2008 04:22 PM

Sounds really early to me, that's all! I would see if they can retest for you tomorrow or just take an HPT tomorrow or Thursday. You could probably catch it on an Answer or FRER by then.

jenniferjunniper 12-23-2008 04:24 PM

A 6 is a negative test. When you get a HCG anything 6 and below is a negative. Maybe the doctor did not how to read the levels?? I would not say anything until you have a positive HPT. When you get that which if you are pregnant, would be in about 3-4 days with the more sensitive test, and then get the quant. done. I would just hate for to get your hopes up to find out that your test was infact negative. Hugs to you, and keep us posted. I do not want to be a downer, I just wanted to tell how the lab test works. GL, and heres to sticky baby dust!!