Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   left over ham (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629904)

selisejohnson 12-26-2008 03:15 PM

left over ham

What can I make out of the left over ham from christmas dinner. I usually cook a turkey and there is tons of things to make from left over turkey meat. But what about ham? :banghead: Ladies I need you help

kocho 12-26-2008 04:53 PM

Re: left over ham

I like to make homemade scalloped potatoes with cut up ham in it. So yummy.

It would also be good in omelets.

The last time I made a ham I made ham and bean soup. It was my first time making it and my DH loved it.

selisejohnson 12-26-2008 08:58 PM

thanks that sounds yummy

vickieboggs 12-26-2008 09:16 PM

nothing.....I love ham and I barely got any this year so.....you can mail it to overnight express and I'll have some!! LOL

srfbluemama 12-26-2008 10:02 PM

Ham and eggs

Nine-bean soup is wonderful!

jesshb 12-26-2008 10:07 PM

Did you keep the bone? I'm going to try to make split pea and ham soup and apparently using the bone/bone meat (when cooking the soup) "makes" the soup great...I've never made it before so it should be an adventure ;)

fish3737 12-26-2008 11:33 PM

My mom made this for me tonight. I am a little afraid of the bone but she does a great job.

I love split pea soup. It is so good with the "bone" ham.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesshb (Post 5838942)
Did you keep the bone? I'm going to try to make split pea and ham soup and apparently using the bone/bone meat (when cooking the soup) "makes" the soup great...I've never made it before so it should be an adventure ;)

seahawk 12-27-2008 05:41 AM

ham salad

happysahm 12-27-2008 11:28 AM

ham & cheese sandwiches
eggs, ham, bell pepper, and onion. Serve on a tortilla w/melted cheese for a breakfast taco.
ham and pineapple pizza...this is what we are eating for dinner tonight
potatoe and ham soup
broccoli, rice & cheese casserole w/ham chunks

BNC 12-27-2008 11:42 AM

Ham and Cheese Pasta - Yum!

1lb pasta usually a shaped noodle and not traditional spaghetti, but you can use either)
1/2 c butter or margarine
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 cup AP flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups milk (I have used 1/2 milk 1/2 water with success too)
4 cups shredded cheese (motz, cheddar, colby, jack, etc..) you can cut this in half too with success
8oz sliced ham (I usually buy the bone in slice for around $2)
2/3c parmesan cheese.

Heat oven to 350, and cook pasta. In a 4quart oven safe pan, malt butter over low heat. Cook garlic in butter for 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Stir in flour and salt using a wisk. Cook over medium heat, until smooth and bubbly. Gradually wisk in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Stir in cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Stir in pasta nad ham, sprinkle with parm cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes until bubbly.

YUM! You can toss in a cup or so of frozen peas too (or other veggies you like).