Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   non meat, dairy, soy recipes please? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630524)

mamaof10 12-27-2008 07:40 PM

non meat, dairy, soy recipes please?
 
I think I finally figured out Kady's allergies/intolerances....


She can not have ANY dairy, soy, tomatoes, chicken, beef, turkey, eggs, or peanuts...havent tried ham or fish but I dont like those things in the first place...

I am eating rice krispies, rice dream (the milk stuff), rice pasta, boiled potatoes, boiled pasta, plain potato chips, corn chips, corn, plain bagels, strawberry jelly, crackers

I need meal ideas....please?!? preferably something I can make and feed everyone since the kids are wondering why I dont eat w/ them anymore....

zenmama 12-27-2008 08:07 PM

Re: non meat, dairy, soy recipes please?
 
wow mama! let me think on it! until recently we were off gluten, casien,whey, dairy, eggs, soy, rice, tomatoes, shellfish, and peanuts! We basically did plain meat, lots of steamed veggies and lots of fresh fruit..... not an easy feat! (dd was of these foods from 12-24 months of age. now she is just off gluten, peanuts and shellfish...however she is broke out in hives and we dont know why so we may be back to the elimination diet again!

mamaof10 12-27-2008 09:25 PM

Re: non meat, dairy, soy recipes please?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zenmama (Post 5843423)
wow mama! let me think on it! until recently we were off gluten, casien,whey, dairy, eggs, soy, rice, tomatoes, shellfish, and peanuts! We basically did plain meat, lots of steamed veggies and lots of fresh fruit..... not an easy feat! (dd was of these foods from 12-24 months of age. now she is just off gluten, peanuts and shellfish...however she is broke out in hives and we dont know why so we may be back to the elimination diet again!


gluten and wheat seem to be ok....any meat is not. I just tried some refried beans tonight so we shall see what tomorrow brings from that....fruit gives her bad diarrhea....steamed/fresh veggies are ok though.

*~Mindy~* 12-27-2008 10:52 PM

Re: non meat, dairy, soy recipes please?
 
oh, wow :hug thats a LOT of meal anythings right there! have you tried hemp milk, etc? and quinoa? or almond or another kind of butter, or even sunflower or hemp butter? if she can tolerate bread, then maybe you could have another type of butter and jelly for at least some flavor and that could be shared of none of the others are allergic and get you away from just plain everything every way. maybe oatmeal- my dad likes it with a tad of preserves in it for flavor. i know hemp has omega acids in it that yall need....still thinking!

meghann8 12-27-2008 11:48 PM

Re: non meat, dairy, soy recipes please?
 
The main thing sticking out to me, is you need more protein. Have you tried lentils?

*~Mindy~* 12-27-2008 11:58 PM

Re: non meat, dairy, soy recipes please?
 
i read where a person did no meat no dairy. they linked to this, i see a few you cant eat for sure but a few that are maybes without checking each one. maybe it will help?
http://www.epicurious.com/tools/brow...browse&att=161

mamaof10 12-28-2008 07:41 AM

Re: non meat, dairy, soy recipes please?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by *~Mindy~* (Post 5844263)
oh, wow :hug thats a LOT of meal anythings right there! have you tried hemp milk, etc? and quinoa? or almond or another kind of butter, or even sunflower or hemp butter? if she can tolerate bread, then maybe you could have another type of butter and jelly for at least some flavor and that could be shared of none of the others are allergic and get you away from just plain everything every way. maybe oatmeal- my dad likes it with a tad of preserves in it for flavor. i know hemp has omega acids in it that yall need....still thinking!



I am afraid of the hemp or almond stuff because of nuts...oatmeal is a good idea...I will try that today:goodvibes:

mamaof10 12-28-2008 07:42 AM

Re: non meat, dairy, soy recipes please?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by meghann8 (Post 5844464)
The main thing sticking out to me, is you need more protein. Have you tried lentils?


I was hoping refried beans would be protein....I can eat them on corn chips!

mamaof10 12-28-2008 07:43 AM

Re: non meat, dairy, soy recipes please?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by *~Mindy~* (Post 5844489)
i read where a person did no meat no dairy. they linked to this, i see a few you cant eat for sure but a few that are maybes without checking each one. maybe it will help?
http://www.epicurious.com/tools/brow...browse&att=161

thanks!

~EweNeedColor~ 12-28-2008 09:57 AM

Re: non meat, dairy, soy recipes please?
 
Oh Amanda, I wish I had some suggestions for you, I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you, (((big hugs)))


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors