Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   International (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Moving to Uganda in a month--Need suggestions. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631262)

palmertribe 12-29-2008 07:54 AM

Moving to Uganda in a month--Need suggestions.

We will be there at the end of this month. We have been in the process of adopting a little boy from an orphanage for 3 years. We can't bring him here because of red tape and visas. So we are moving there to foster to adopt for 3 years in the country. Read our story here www.oneroofafrica.com

I plan to take prefolds and some sb flats and fitteds. Not sure on covers. I love wool but dont have much. Pretty much everything is too small. So I am having to restock before we move. We will be washing by hand and drying on a line.

Suggestions?

Ami in Deutschland 12-30-2008 07:01 AM

Re: Moving to Uganda in a month--Need suggestions.

I don't have much in the way of suggestions, but I read your story on your blog and am sitting here with tears in my eyes. God bless you for what you're doing and I wish you and your family the best in your new home.

For ease of washing, muslin flats would be the best. I use them with hemp doublers now for my newborn. As far as covers go- I love the fit of Imse Vimse Bumpy covers. My almost 20 month old still fits a large, which is only slightly larger in the rise than the medium (which fit him from about 6 months). If I read your siggy right, your youngest is 13 months. I would probably try to do full time elimination communication with her, maybe diapering just at night. You could try going coverless as you make the transition to EC'n/potty learning, so you don't have a lot of mess as you're trying to learn her cues.

palmertribe 12-30-2008 08:11 AM

Thank you mama. Your words are kind.

You are so right about EC but I need to know more about how to do it. Also don't want to be adding something that could stress us both out. But all in all I agree EC would be the best. She is getting big. I forget! I love imse vimse but have not tried bumpy covers.

Thanks!

queenginseng 12-30-2008 11:22 AM

Your story is beautiful.

I agree with EC, especially good if you can get the big jobs in a potty. Speaking of which, what about flushable liners?

I love my Popolino (Mother's Ease) covers.

cedricsmom 12-30-2008 06:30 PM

How exciting. I read your story and I think it is wonderful what you do. But I also think that it will be a great experience for your kids. Uganda is such a beautiful country ( I hope you will be safe ). I guess I would go with prefolds, something simple. And let the baby run naked a lot. Good luck and GOD bless you.

palmertribe 12-31-2008 08:36 AM

Yes, Uganda is beautiful. Thank you for your prayers. Please keep em' coming. We need it! It is a safe place. As safe as any. But my thought is when you are in the will of God you are safe. No matter where you are.

thanks everyone.